Page 1 of 3

Organising friendly match between ECF Forum and Reddit Chess

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:42 am
by Tryfon Gavriel
Hi all

I would be interested in seeing if there is interest in a friendly correspondence team match between this ECF Chess forum and Reddit Chess. Perhaps I can video annotate the more interesting games and post them to this thread as they are finished.

If you are interested in joining the ECF Chess forum team - I have set one up to check for interest - if there are more than 10 players, I can create the match vs Reddit chess.

To join the ECF Chess Forum team at Chessworld.net here are the instructions - it is free to join and play:

1) If you are not registered at Chessworld you can register with this link: http://www.chessworld.net/chessclubs/as ... ?from=1053
2) If you are logged in to Chessworld.net head towards the Community menu ... Huge teams league page
3) Near the top you will see the ECF Chess forum team which I set up which shows "Auto-join"
4) Simply click the auto-join button and within a few days/weeks I will start organising some friendly team matches.

I thought it might be some fun for those of you keen to play as a team group against Reddit chess. I might organise other matches as well. It is unrated games so just playing for the fun and pride of the team.

I got a match started recently between my Youtubers and Reddit recently - and showed some details of that on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSNTddXb4z4

Best wishes
Tryfon

Re: Organising friendly match between ECF Forum and Reddit C

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:41 pm
by Rob Thompson
I've joined up for this.

Re: Organising friendly match between ECF Forum and Reddit C

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:52 pm
by IM Jack Rudd
So have I.

Re: Organising friendly match between ECF Forum and Reddit C

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:17 pm
by Tryfon Gavriel
IM Jack Rudd wrote:So have I.
Wow - honoured an IM wants to play. Big fan of your playing style and i have done some videos of your games in the past eg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbFau22Pu5M

Cheers
Tryfon

Re: Organising friendly match between ECF Forum and Reddit C

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:18 pm
by Tryfon Gavriel
Rob Thompson wrote:I've joined up for this.
Many thanks
Tryfon

Re: Organising friendly match between ECF Forum and Reddit C

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:00 pm
by Matt Fletcher
I'm going to give it a go too - thanks for your game request Tryfon!

Re: Organising friendly match between ECF Forum and Reddit C

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:58 pm
by Nick Burrows
I would like to play if i make the team!

Re: Organising friendly match between ECF Forum and Reddit C

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:30 am
by Tryfon Gavriel
5 players so far

We just need another 2-5 players to aim for a 7 to 10 board match

Any more takers ?! - Free to join this friendly team match. Very casual time limit - 10 days a move. 2 games - White and Black vs a Reddit/r/chess opponent

Best wishes
Tryfon

Re: Organising friendly match between ECF Forum and Reddit C

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:45 pm
by Phil Neatherway
I have joined up too. I will not be able to start playing until 24th June due to holiday.

Re: Organising friendly match between ECF Forum and Reddit C

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:44 pm
by Nick Burrows
Is 7 the best we can do? Anyone else interested?

Re: Organising friendly match between ECF Forum and Reddit C

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:01 pm
by Tryfon Gavriel
A 7 board match has kicked off now. Good luck all!

If this is interesting, maybe there can be a larger match in a few weeks time.

If you are interested in joining a future, match simply follow the instructions at the start of the thread.

Best wishes
Tryfon

Re: Organising friendly match between ECF Forum and Reddit C

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:30 pm
by Nick Burrows

Re: Organising friendly match between ECF Forum and Reddit C

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:36 am
by Phil Neatherway
not much happening in my games so far!

Re: Organising friendly match between ECF Forum and Reddit C

Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:23 pm
by Phil Neatherway
in fact, my opponent has gone quiet after just 1 move.

Re: Organising friendly match between ECF Forum and Reddit C

Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:53 pm
by Nick Burrows
I think you've thrown him Phil - with your bizarre 1.e4 opening...