FIDE Rated In January NOT in March.

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Paul Dupré

Re: FIDE Rated In January NOT in March.

Post by Paul Dupré » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:16 pm

Wow, I haven't read that for forty years - thanks.
Any postings on here represent the truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me God,
...and by the way the world is flat.

Scott Freeman

Post by Scott Freeman » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:09 pm

I was pointed to this thread this morning and scanned it with a level of both concern at the mistake and amusement at certain comments. Can I correctly assume from the subsequent postings that Coulsdon did not muck up? Am happy to correct something or apologise if we have.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:50 pm

Scott Freeman wrote:I was pointed to this thread this morning and scanned it with a level of both concern at the mistake and amusement at certain comments. Can I correctly assume from the subsequent postings that Coulsdon did not muck up? Am happy to correct something or apologise if we have.
Members are able to go back and delete their own posts if they discover they have made a mistake :!:
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:54 pm

All say after me: Coulsdon Chess Federation iz the Evil Empire.

[Gordon Bennett]Gordon Bennett[/Gordon Bennett]

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:11 pm

PDs contributions have been noted by the forum monitoring service: http://stevegiddinschessblog.blogspot.c ... dupre.html

I much prefer these posts to the running SG gag about SR, but in case you hadn't thought of it:
"If only PD had consulted me I would have told him about the rating code allocation error"
We can but hope.
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:14 pm

For once I would say that Gibbon has it spot on.

Scott Freeman

Post by Scott Freeman » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote:
Scott Freeman wrote:I was pointed to this thread this morning and scanned it with a level of both concern at the mistake and amusement at certain comments. Can I correctly assume from the subsequent postings that Coulsdon did not muck up? Am happy to correct something or apologise if we have.
Members are able to go back and delete their own posts if they discover they have made a mistake :!:
True, but some prefer to leave them knowing that the information is incorrect or unreasonable but hoping that if you throw enough mud......! However I am not losing any sleep over it as it doesn't reflect on anyone but him.

As a point of amusement from Paul McKeown's post, if you try to type the letters "CCF" into a mobile phone, you get the word "bad." So that's another one for the conspiracy theorists!

Finally, my Grandfather's name was Stanley Gordon Bennett.........! Not kidding! :lol:

Carol Williams

Post by Carol Williams » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:49 pm

Scott Freeman wrote:
Carl Hibbard wrote:
True, but some prefer to leave them knowing that the information is incorrect or unreasonable but hoping that if you throw enough mud......! However I am not losing any sleep over it as it doesn't reflect on anyone but him.

As a point of amusement from Paul McKeown's post, if you try to type the letters "CCF" into a mobile phone, you get the word "bad." So that's another one for the conspiracy theorists!

Finally, my Grandfather's name was Stanley Gordon Bennett.........! Not kidding! :lol:
I read the original post and for what its worth believe an apology is in order

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:21 pm

Carol Williams wrote:I read the original post and for what its worth believe an apology is in order
For now I have removed a couple of the previous comments
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Paul Dupré

Post by Paul Dupré » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:43 pm

OK Scott, here's your chance to be useful for once. Tell me what you submitted for Sam Porter in the 2010 Jesse Gilbert 'B' event - in terms of who he played a what their rating was.

If you can't do this simple task, then I will have no alternatively than to assume you are a deliberately obstructive individual.
Any postings on here represent the truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me God,

Mike Truran

Post by Mike Truran » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Gosh, what a charming post - guaranteed to elicit a sympathetic and helpful response. :?

Krishna Shiatis

Post by Krishna Shiatis » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:47 pm

Paul Dupré wrote:
OK Scott, here's your chance to be useful for once. Tell me what you submitted for Sam Porter in the 2010 Jesse Gilbert 'B' event - in terms of who he played a what their rating was.

If you can't do this simple task, then I will have no alternatively than to assume you are a deliberately obstructive individual.

I do feel that I ought to say something here. I have known Scott now for many years - he is a really kind, genuine, helpful and lovely guy. He has organised countless chess tournaments and runs a very successful club. I have never known him to be obstructive (deliberately or otherwise) to anyone.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:50 pm

Mike Truran wrote:Gosh, what a charming post - guaranteed to elicit a sympathetic and helpful response. :?
I am here watching 8)
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Paul Dupré

Post by Paul Dupré » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:36 pm

Krishna Shiatis wrote: I do feel that I ought to say something here. I have known Scott now for many years - he is a really kind, genuine, helpful and lovely guy. He has organised countless chess tournaments and runs a very successful club. I have never known him to be obstructive (deliberately or otherwise) to anyone.
I'm sure you have known him for many years - But I'm also sure I have known him a lot longer.

However, more recently since I took over the Surrey first team from him in 2005, he has been unhelpful to me a fellow organiser. I put in hundreds of hours of work each year for very little reward and his attitude towards me is most shocking and makes me want to jack the whole thing in and go back to just playing chess.

This is his chance to prove to me that he can be a nice and helpful guy, and not deliberately obstructive.

I came back to the EC Forum for help for the first time since last May, after being insulted by ignorant sarcastic morons. I thought I'd give it another try and got many helpful posts from Roger and Sean. But, if some people are here just to take the piss then they really need to grow up.

Anyway Scott, now's your chance to bury the hatchet (not literally of course), and help solve this puzzle.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:44 pm

I am here allowing some slack but hopefully we can all remain polite :?:
Cheers
Carl Hibbard