Re: come dine with me
Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:13 am
David Bronstein Gary Kasparof mikael tal and Keith Arkel can you imagine the table talk with those 4 great ranconteurs and on standbye would be Victor Korchnoi
The independent home for discussions on the English Chess scene.
https://ecforum.org.uk/
i was making reference to the story about him having some sort of complex about portion size and the 'threatening to smoke' story.Warren Kingston wrote:Why Nimzowitsch? I know, so you can have a go at him about that daft opening.
Mikhail Tal is popular
there might be a few uncomfortable silences.Sebastian Stone wrote: Alexander Alekhine
Jon D'Souza-Eva wrote:Nigel Short
Tony Miles
Ivan Cheparinov
Gata Kamsky's father
Conversation probably wouldn't be sparkling, but I think it could be a fun evening all the same.
Make sure there's a partition under the table, or Short and Cheparinov would probably spend all evening kicking each other.Jon D'Souza-Eva wrote:Nigel Short
Tony Miles
Ivan Cheparinov
Gata Kamsky's father
Conversation probably wouldn't be sparkling, but I think it could be a fun evening all the same.
I can't be sure, but i think you might have missed the underlying reason why the evening would be thought to provide entertainment...Michael Jones wrote:Make sure there's a partition under the table, or Short and Cheparinov would probably spend all evening kicking each other.Jon D'Souza-Eva wrote:Nigel Short
Tony Miles
Ivan Cheparinov
Gata Kamsky's father
Conversation probably wouldn't be sparkling, but I think it could be a fun evening all the same.
There might?darren webb wrote:there might be a few uncomfortable silences.Sebastian Stone wrote: Alexander Alekhine
I just wasn't quite sure that betting on the number of them who'd still be alive by the end of the evening counted as 'entertainment'Richard Bates wrote:I can't be sure, but i think you might have missed the underlying reason why the evening would be thought to provide entertainment...Michael Jones wrote:Make sure there's a partition under the table, or Short and Cheparinov would probably spend all evening kicking each other.Jon D'Souza-Eva wrote:Nigel Short
Tony Miles
Ivan Cheparinov
Gata Kamsky's father
Conversation probably wouldn't be sparkling, but I think it could be a fun evening all the same.
y'know, the nazi articles might get mentioned.Sebastian Stone wrote:There might?darren webb wrote:there might be a few uncomfortable silences.Sebastian Stone wrote: Alexander Alekhine