Page 1 of 1

Problem in ChessBase 11

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:32 pm
by Peter Lalic
The new "ribbon" format in ChessBase 11 confuses me. I want to insert multimedia commentary, like ChessBase Magazine does. The effect is that when one replays a game, a video / sound / picture will appear upon reaching the appropriate move (where the file is added). I am sure it can be done, and have consulted the help file. It says this:

"You can attach multimedia commentary to any move of a game. When you replay the game the commentary will be played back to you.

Menu: Insert – Annotations – Multimedia"

The latest version of ChessBase displays ribbons, and the "Insert" one does not display "Multimedia" within "Annotations". There are no shortcut keys for this of which I am aware.

Any ideas? Thank you.

I have also wondered if we can do the same as the professionals who produce the FritzTrainer DVDs. I noticed that the London Chess Classic live commentary showed what Lawrence Trent saw on the screen. On his screen his ChessBase had a special "encoder" bar, which I had never before seen on my computer. How do I access this? I don't know if it is the same function which someone like Daniel King would use for his Powerplay series. I would like to be able to encode moves and audio like they do (I don't need the video), so that people can play my files in ChessBase.

If you can help, I would be grateful.

Re: Problem in ChessBase 11

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:12 pm
by John Hickman
PeterLalic wrote: On his screen his ChessBase had a special "encoder" bar, which I had never before seen on my computer.
Was it this?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/window ... encap.aspx

Re: Problem in ChessBase 11

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:38 am
by Peter Lalic
John Hickman wrote:
PeterLalic wrote: On his screen his ChessBase had a special "encoder" bar, which I had never before seen on my computer.
Was it this?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/window ... encap.aspx
I also use this Media Encoder to make my videos but the one I saw was different. It resembled Chessbase's Windows Media Player bar (Ctrl-Alt-V), and was integrated next to the board, which indicates that it is a ChessBase function.

I have solved the problem. In the help file, it gives the shortcut key for multimedia commentary as (Ctrl-Alt-V), but that is Media Player. So I went to "customize" - "shortcut key" and found out that multimedia commentary was in fact (Ctrl-SHIFT-Alt-V). Now my database looks a lot flashier!

Re: Problem in ChessBase 11

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:31 pm
by Frank Kamau
I haven't got ChessBase 11 but I would be interested in seeing a screenshot of this new ribbon bar feature. Could someone please post theirs?

Edit: Is this it or is it a customisation of it that Peter is asking?
Image

Re: Problem in ChessBase 11

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:22 pm
by Peter Lalic
Frank Kamau wrote:Edit: Is this it or is it a customisation of it that Peter is asking?
Image
That's the one.