Page 1 of 1

Free site that allows me to play someone online

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:29 pm
by Frank Kamau
Hi guys,

Anyone know a free chess site that allows me to play someone online without registering to the likes of ICC/Playchess/Gameknot etc?

For example I go to www.xyz.com and a link is available to that I just give a friend xyz.com/link and then he just clicks and joins me in the game?

Re: Free site that allows me to play someone online

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:32 pm
by Carl Hibbard
Frank Kamau wrote:Hi guys,

Anyone know a free chess site that allows me to play someone online without registering to the likes of ICC/Playchess/Gameknot etc?

For example I go to http://www.xyz.com and a link is available to that I just give a friend xyz.com/link and then he just clicks and joins me in the game?
ChessCube is sort of ok so please try that!

Re: Free site that allows me to play someone online

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:48 pm
by Frank Kamau
Carl Hibbard wrote: ChessCube is sort of ok so please try that!
I had a quick look but I could not see the option to play someone without registering. Chesscube/chesshere etc all need registering. I was thinking of a site along the lines of http://lichess.org/ but it (lichess) doesn't seem to work in IE8

Re: Free site that allows me to play someone online

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:55 pm
by Leonard Barden

Re: Free site that allows me to play someone online

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:59 pm
by Paul McKeown
freechess.org - you have to register with a legitimate email but it is completely free

Re: Free site that allows me to play someone online

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:05 pm
by Frank Kamau
Leonard Barden wrote:Try http://www.instantchess.com
That might be more like it. I was testing out lichess and it works fine in Firefox. Here is a game I'm playing vs a n00b. http://lichess.org/f9f28s