Sadler Scores 7/7 in Wageningen

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Keith Arkell

Re: Sadler Scores 7/7 in Wageningen

Post by Keith Arkell » Tue May 25, 2010 11:44 am

Nice one Gareth mate :)
I'll be there too,so perhaps you could introduce me to her? I've got this new idea in the ...c5 Caro... :wink:

Really though,the origional piece in the Guardian was derogatory because Mr. Moss claimed that GMs lacked the '' ability'' to talk about anything else.

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Tue May 25, 2010 12:54 pm

Gareth Harley-Yeo wrote: I spent 10 minutes last night talking to a girl where I explained how and why clocks are used in chess. She became so interested in the subject she's going to accompany me this weekend in Sunningdale. 8)

Any subject can be made interesting; much depends on the enthusiasm of the orator.
Keith Arkell wrote:Nice one Gareth mate

I'll be there too,so perhaps you could introduce me to her? I've got this new idea in the ...c5 Caro..

Would she like to come to my FIDE Arbiters' Seminar, also at Sunningdale this weekend? The use of electronic clocks of various types will be amongst the subjects covered.

carstenpedersen

Post by carstenpedersen » Tue May 25, 2010 1:03 pm

Hi Carsten,
This was my point. If only Bill Hartston had used his great wit to
sing the praises of chess players,rather than leading his readers to
believe that chess is some kind of prozac which we indulge in so that we
don't go completely bonkers[/quote]

Sorry, I completely misread your original point then. Now I agree.

Gareth Harley-Yeo

Post by Gareth Harley-Yeo » Tue May 25, 2010 2:06 pm

David Sedgwick wrote:
Gareth Harley-Yeo wrote: I spent 10 minutes last night talking to a girl where I explained how and why clocks are used in chess. She became so interested in the subject she's going to accompany me this weekend in Sunningdale. 8)

Any subject can be made interesting; much depends on the enthusiasm of the orator.
Keith Arkell wrote:Nice one Gareth mate

I'll be there too,so perhaps you could introduce me to her? I've got this new idea in the ...c5 Caro..

Would she like to come to my FIDE Arbiters' Seminar, also at Sunningdale this weekend? The use of electronic clocks of various types will be amongst the subjects covered.
I'll ask her later, although I fear seeing [euphemism] Keith's novelty [/euphemism] combined with an arbiter’s meeting might just be a little too much excitement for one weekend don’t you?