Page 1 of 1

Chessfest Q

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2026 3:26 pm
by MJMcCready
Looks like I will be able to hop along to next weekends Chessfest in Trafalgar but I have a question. If I want to sign up to play in one of the simuls, how do I do it?

Re: Chessfest Q

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2026 4:13 pm
by Matt Read
It's a rolling simul that starts just after 12pm and concludes around 18:30 - 18:45 - I think last year a few hundred people got to play and the wait to get on a board was controlled by someone from Chess in Schools that maintained a waiting list.

Re: Chessfest Q

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2026 4:34 pm
by MJMcCready
Matt Read wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 03, 2026 4:13 pm
It's a rolling simul that starts just after 12pm and concludes around 18:30 - 18:45 - I think last year a few hundred people got to play and the wait to get on a board was controlled by someone from Chess in Schools that maintained a waiting list.
Ah thanks, so find someone who has the waiting list and put my name down?

Re: Chessfest Q

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2026 7:19 pm
by MJMcCready
Is anyone else going to it?

Re: Chessfest Q

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2026 10:33 pm
by Jon D'Souza-Eva
In past years it's hardly got a mention on this forum, which has surprised me.

Re: Chessfest Q

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2026 10:38 pm
by MJMcCready
I've noticed that yet when you go to them, there's plenty of action and stuff going on.

Re: Chessfest Q

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2026 4:20 pm
by MJMcCready
Matt Read wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 03, 2026 4:13 pm
It's a rolling simul that starts just after 12pm and concludes around 18:30 - 18:45 - I think last year a few hundred people got to play and the wait to get on a board was controlled by someone from Chess in Schools that maintained a waiting list.
I sent an email off and got a reply. Yes rolling simul, put your name down and hang around for not to long. GM Adams is scheduled to play about 2pm and 4pm.