Page 1 of 1

Riviera Chess Congress 2026?

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2026 4:10 pm
by Andrew Zigmond
Posted on this section rather than the Congress Diary as I don't want to cause confusion.

Does anybody know if the Riviera congress that last year was held in the first week of September will go ahead this year and what week it will be? The organisers did say that they planned go ahead at the end of last year's event but nothing appears to have been announced.

Re: Riviera Chess Congress 2026?

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2026 5:57 pm
by Tim Spanton
I've been told by a local that it's going ahead in the first week of September again, but I have seen no confirmation

Re: Riviera Chess Congress 2026?

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2026 7:56 pm
by Ronnie Burton
Hi Tim

Starts Sat 5th Sept and finishing Sat 12th Sept

Re: Riviera Chess Congress 2026?

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2026 9:28 pm
by Andrew Zigmond
Thanks for responses. I have booked the week off work.

Re: Riviera Chess Congress 2026?

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2026 9:56 pm
by Ronnie Burton
Hope to see you their. Best days were when tournaments were held at Oldway Mansion. Beautiful gardens and well run canteen