Request for a lift from Hastings to Daventry 7th January

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Douglas Vleeshhouwer

Request for a lift from Hastings to Daventry 7th January

Post by Douglas Vleeshhouwer » Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:06 pm

hi everyone,

One of our local players will be competing at Hastings at the start of January.
They'll also be playing in my team, Hull & East Riding Tigers, in the 4NCL Division 3 East matches in Daventry 7th & 8th January.
As you are undoubtedly aware, train staff are currently on strike and further strikes are expected, including on the 7th of January.
So, I was wondering if it would be possible for someone to give my player a lift from Hastings to Daventry (or somewhere near Daventry where another team member can collect them) on the 7th?

Please contact me directly if you are able to help.

Many thanks
Douglas Vleeshhouwer
[email protected]
07481 696111

Joey Stewart

Re: Request for a lift from Hastings to Daventry 7th January

Post by Joey Stewart » Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:01 am

How were they intending get to Hastings in the first place with all these strikes on? I would definitely not be traveling via train to get to any sort of chess event with the current rail situation being as dire as it is. Good luck finding someone though, hopefully you'll get your 4ncl team ok.
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

Douglas Vleeshhouwer

Post by Douglas Vleeshhouwer » Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:28 am

They plan to travel on a day the trains are running. Unfortunately on the day they need to travel back, the strike is back on.

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:04 am

I appealed earlier for a lift on the 6th from Hastings to anywhere in Greater London, with no response. I'm hoping that Alex will have a notice board at the event.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.