Page 1 of 1

Congratulations to Alex McFarlane

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:31 pm
by Alistair Campbell
I'm not sure if this has been widely reported elsewhere, or even if this is the correct forum to record such a development, but I note that Alex has been elected as President of Chess Scotland.

Re: Congratulations to Alex McFarlane

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:54 pm
by NickFaulks
Of course it is, and an excellent choice I'm sure.

Re: Congratulations to Alex McFarlane

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:00 pm
by Roger Lancaster
NickFaulks wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:54 pm
Of course it is, and an excellent choice I'm sure.
Agreed - congratuIations.

Re: Congratulations to Alex McFarlane

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:09 pm
by David Sedgwick
NickFaulks wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:54 pm
Of course it is, and an excellent choice I'm sure.
Roger Lancaster wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:00 pm
Agreed - congratuIations.
Congratulations and best wishes to Alex McF from me as well.

Re: Congratulations to Alex McFarlane

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:01 am
by MartinCarpenter
Congratulations, or commiserations, as he feels appropriate anyway :)

Re: Congratulations to Alex McFarlane

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:02 am
by Mick Norris
MartinCarpenter wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:01 am
Congratulations, or commiserations, as he feels appropriate anyway :)
Indeed :lol:

Number 1 job of any President is to find a successor :wink:

Re: Congratulations to Alex McFarlane

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:16 pm
by JustinHorton
Yes, well done

Re: Congratulations to Alex McFarlane

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:49 pm
by John Upham
Mick Norris wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:02 am

Number 1 job of any President is to find a successor :wink:
Sadly, this did not apply to DJT.

Re: Congratulations to Alex McFarlane

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:37 pm
by David Sedgwick
John Upham wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:49 pm
Sadly, this did not apply to DJT.
Maybe I am being dense today, but who is he/she?

Re: Congratulations to Alex McFarlane

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:13 pm
by Julie Denning
David Sedgwick wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:37 pm
Maybe I am being dense today, but who is he/she?
David, cast your mind the other side of the Atlantic.

Re: Congratulations to Alex McFarlane

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:26 pm
by David Sedgwick
David Sedgwick wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:37 pm
Maybe I am being dense today, but who is he/she?
Julie Denning wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:13 pm
David, cast your mind the other side of the Atlantic.
Thank you Julie.

My problem was more that I didn't cast my mind beyond the 64 squares.

Re: Congratulations to Alex McFarlane

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:34 pm
by Alex McFarlane
Thanks everyone.

With regard to finding my successor, my first priority is finding people to fill the vacant positions (or to change job descriptions to tasks people are willing to do).

Re: Congratulations to Alex McFarlane

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:45 pm
by Douglas Vleeshhouwer
Belated congratulations Alex!