cheats grind you down....

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Stephen Westmoreland

Re: cheats grind you down....

Post by Stephen Westmoreland » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:31 pm

Alan. One day we will perhaps bump into each other. I will buy you a beer/tea/coffee/wine and you can explain to me what a nazi-liberal is. Not on this thread though! Ilkley and Scarborough coming up!
HDCA President

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:35 pm

Richard Bates wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:11 pm
Best leaving Alan to his own devices IMO. I don’t see that he’s doing any particular harm, and it’s not like he’s being seriously disruptive by creating hundreds of new forum threads.

He’s acknowledged on a number of occasions that it’s a form of therapy for him.
Richard, I feel that a friendly suggestion which you made in 2009 would be equally pertinent now:
Richard Bates wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:46 am
Ian, just a friendly suggestion.

My idea of how a forum should work is that individual topics set the general parameters for postings to a thread, with a new thread only needed to be started if existing topics don't adequately cover a new posting, or if the postings on a thread begin to depart significantly from the original thread topic.

At the moment you seem to be treating "General Chat" as the topic, with a new thread being started for every new thought, instead of posting to existing threads. Personally i'm not convinced that "British Champion loses in round one" merits even one thread in its own right, let alone the three that have been created.

The effect of creating too many similar threads is to 'crowd' the forum, leaving good threads to continually drop off the bottom, and making it difficult for people follow debates subsequent to postings that they may have made (because they can't remember on what thread they posted).

Regards.

AlanLlewellyn

Post by AlanLlewellyn » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:32 pm

Stephen Westmoreland wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:31 pm
Alan. One day we will perhaps bump into each other. I will buy you a beer/tea/coffee/wine and you can explain to me what a nazi-liberal is. Not on this thread though! Ilkley and Scarborough coming up!
i am not a nazi the - is a full stop sorry for misunderstanding.

AlanLlewellyn

Post by AlanLlewellyn » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:40 pm

AlanLlewellyn wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:31 pm
does a real man defeat computers easily, i know i am not a communist (ie self destructive in nature) and I am not a libertarian (self satisfied) but i am am not a conservative(self aware) either which leaves only a liberal or nazi and i am not a nazi-liberals like themselves so much that they love everyone even computers and to love is to give.
i didnt mean 'i am not nazi-liberal' i meant 'i am not nazi. liberals like themselves so much...'

Stephen Westmoreland

Post by Stephen Westmoreland » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:58 pm

Not for this thread but you are mistaking terms. If we are at a congress in future come grab me post match.
HDCA President

AlanLlewellyn

Post by AlanLlewellyn » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:47 am

Stephen Westmoreland wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:58 pm
Not for this thread but you are mistaking terms. If we are at a congress in future come grab me post match.
sure thing thanks

AlanLlewellyn

Post by AlanLlewellyn » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:45 pm

Chris Goodall wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:32 am
AlanLlewellyn wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:43 am
i believe there is a concerted campaign against me i suspect from self destructive communists who dont like my anti-communism
Alan, let me rephrase: I don't believe you're a racist, or rambling, or hijacking the forum. I'm not allowed to say why I think that, but I think the people bullying you can work it out.
you hint at some knowledge chris goodall about me?!?!? i dont know what that could be...please tell me the truth