Berkshire Chess Association Annual General Meeting 2022

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
John Upham

Berkshire Chess Association Annual General Meeting 2022

Post by John Upham » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:12 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen,

As Secretary of the Berkshire Chess Association I hereby give notice of an Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Tuesday, September 6th , 2022 commencing at 7.15 pm.

Constitutionally we have not complied with the required 28 day notice period but trust that this short notice will not provide an inconvenience.

The meeting will take the form of a

Physical Meeting at Reading Chess Club, First floor, New Hope Centre, 95 York Road, Reading, RG1 8DU

Please find attached the Minutes from the 2021 AGM. Please read these prior to the 2022 AGM and let me have any corrections / feedback

I have also "attached" the Agenda for the 2022 meeting:
https://www.berkshirechess.org.uk/local/archive.php

If you are named as providing a report then please provide me with a report as soon as is convenient and if you have nothing to report then please confirm that this is the case rather than leaving me to guess / speculate.

Please forward any proposals as soon as is convenient so that the Agenda can be modified in advance of the meeting.

It is likely that the most crucial part of the meeting will be taken up with a discussion of League Divisional Structure and other related matters.

We are currently considering commencing the season on TBA, 2022.

We are considering altering matches to return to consisting of six boards rather than the four of recent times.

We would also encourage the many clubs who have been fortunate to gain an influx of keen new members to consider forming a team for them in Division Three.

The committee looks forward to meeting you all once again,

Sincerely yours, John Upham, Berkshire Chess Association Secretary
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D