I am pro-Argentinian but...

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
AlanLlewellyn

Re: I am pro-Argentinian but...

Post by AlanLlewellyn » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:59 am

its easy to slur someone with the tag of racist but it has more to do with nationality than race, Argentinians and Chilians dont seem to cheat was my point and joey was being racist not me. And i find the russians refreshingly non-cheating like most peoples black or white rich or poor.

AlanLlewellyn

Post by AlanLlewellyn » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:06 am

i only mentioned the cheating in the original post because i felt because of the history behind the war and everything, the argentinians might try something in desperation, uncharacteristically.

Chris Goodall

Post by Chris Goodall » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:13 pm

AlanLlewellyn wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:47 am
my politics are left wing not extreme right.
Because left-wingers are famous for seeing people as individuals and not monolithic groups :roll:
Donate to Sabrina's fundraiser at https://gofund.me/aeae42c7 to support victims of sexual abuse in the chess world.

Northumberland webmaster, Jesmond CC something-or-other. Views mine. Definitely below the Goodall Line.

David Stott

Post by David Stott » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:36 pm

AlanLlewellyn wrote: ↑Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:47 am

Does this mean you regard everyone, whose politics are not "left wing", as "extreme right"?

AlanLlewellyn

Post by AlanLlewellyn » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:26 pm

David Stott wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:36 pm
AlanLlewellyn wrote: ↑Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:47 am

Does this mean you regard everyone, whose politics are not "left wing", as "extreme right"?
no i belong to the type of left wing that sees merits in all non-violent political discussion from any side, left or right. That used to be called liberal freedom of expression but is now called nazi by the foolish woke.

Chris Goodall

Post by Chris Goodall » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:09 pm

AlanLlewellyn wrote:
in my opinion when they all play faultlessly and take all my pieces i assume the worst sorry.
Having established that your opinion isn't actually illegal to express, why not show us a game where someone played faultlessly and took all your pieces? We can tell you whether we agree.
Donate to Sabrina's fundraiser at https://gofund.me/aeae42c7 to support victims of sexual abuse in the chess world.

Northumberland webmaster, Jesmond CC something-or-other. Views mine. Definitely below the Goodall Line.

AlanLlewellyn

Post by AlanLlewellyn » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:26 pm

Chris Goodall wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:09 pm
AlanLlewellyn wrote:
in my opinion when they all play faultlessly and take all my pieces i assume the worst sorry.
Having established that your opinion isn't actually illegal to express, why not show us a game where someone played faultlessly and took all your pieces? We can tell you whether we agree.
for some strange reason only a few americans had a flag to denote their nationality on icc recently and americans dont often cheat, i presume as i havent met many of the nationalities i expressed recently, they have been weeded out of the icc as common cheats. There used to be tons of them.
Evidence is my record against most nationalities is around 50% but it is around 1% vs brazilians /mexicans and colombians as the crash test dummies once sang mmmm mmmm mmmm mmmm

Chris Goodall

Post by Chris Goodall » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:56 pm

AlanLlewellyn wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:26 pm
Chris Goodall wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:09 pm
AlanLlewellyn wrote:
for some strange reason only a few americans had a flag to denote their nationality on icc recently and americans dont often cheat, i presume as i havent met many of the nationalities i expressed recently, they have been weeded out of the icc as common cheats. There used to be tons of them.
Evidence is my record against most nationalities is around 50% but it is around 1% vs brazilians /mexicans and colombians as the crash test dummies once sang mmmm mmmm mmmm mmmm
So you've played at least 34 games against Brazilians, Mexicans and Colombians on ICC and scored no more than ½ a point from them?

What's your ICC handle, Alan?

AlanLlewellyn

Post by AlanLlewellyn » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:06 pm

my icc handle was cap78red until i changed it to ALwynJones

Chris Goodall

Post by Chris Goodall » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:14 am

Ah, you're cap78red on chess.com too.

Well, I can see that out of 954 Live games played on chess.com, you've gone +33 =5 -26 (55%) against Brazilians, Mexicans and Colombians. I played through your losses to lower-rated opponents, and the most common theme was that you miscounted and placed a minor piece on a defended square. Against crisisreg you had RvN in an ending and placed your R on the worst possible square. Against JoseWanderley21 you played quite a nifty rook sac to end up with mate in two, and then played the wrong discovered check and lost your queen. Against Duban219 you had a very funny moment of mutual blindness until your opponent realised your undefended queens were attacking each other.

None of your Brazilian, Colombian or Mexican opponents was rated over 2000, and although it's true that one of them went on to get banned for Fair Play, this was also true of EIGHT of your American and Canadian opponents.

AlanLlewellyn

Post by AlanLlewellyn » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:20 am

i was talking about icc, i dont know where you got all that info from chess.com from are you an admin there.

Stephen Westmoreland

Post by Stephen Westmoreland » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:50 am

Analytics have really developed on chess sites. Internally but also through AimChess and the likes of GChess. They grab your data and run good analysis Alan. Worth checking out.
HDCA President

Chris Goodall

Post by Chris Goodall » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:14 am

By a complicated hacking technique called "clicking on your username".

I know you were talking about ICC. That's why it makes sense to check chess.com. Chess.com is the control group in this experiment. If it's true that Brazilians, Mexican and Colombians are inclined to be cheats, they would cheat just as much on chess.com as on ICC. Whereas if your BRA/MEX/COL opponents on chess.com are actually cleaner than the average player, we know it's a figment of your obviously very fertile imagination.

AlanLlewellyn

Post by AlanLlewellyn » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:44 am

you are talking to a qualified scientist with your pseudo science, cheats from the said countries are obviously targetting the icc and it comes from a specific time in space not a general time frame

Chris Goodall

Post by Chris Goodall » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:21 am

AlanLlewellyn wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:44 am
cheats from the said countries are obviously targetting the icc
So cheaters from the said countries play on ICC (or used to), and clean players from the said countries (plus cheaters from North America) play on chess.com?

You don't think that says more about the quality of the cheat detection at those two sites than about Brazilians, Mexicans and Colombians?

You don't think a reasonable hypothesis would be as follows:
Brazilians, Mexicans and Colombians tend to be LESS experienced at cheating and simply copy all their moves from an engine, which is easy to spot, but North Americans are sophisticated cheaters who take care to throw in some blunders and to play forced moves quickly?