Told I shouldnt enter opens

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
AlanLlewellyn

Re: Told I shouldnt enter opens

Post by AlanLlewellyn » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:44 pm

then why were they fide rated on the scores sheet matt, and why did it DEFFINITLY say on the entry form it was fide rated , why did i follow a fide rated congress the year before and why did it stop saying it was fide rated on the entry form. I think i have found proof of alternate universes if your not confused yourself.

Matt Mackenzie

Post by Matt Mackenzie » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:06 pm

Well I don't know, but what I do know for sure is that I haven't played any FIDE rated games at Blackpool since 2008.

(despite playing in the Open section in 2009, 2010 and 2011)
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)

Matt Bridgeman

Post by Matt Bridgeman » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:35 pm

AlanLlewellyn wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:44 pm
then why were they fide rated on the scores sheet matt, and why did it DEFFINITLY say on the entry form it was fide rated , why did i follow a fide rated congress the year before and why did it stop saying it was fide rated on the entry form. I think i have found proof of alternate universes if your not confused yourself.
You’re not the only one to be caught out. I remember the Dad of Canadian WGM/FM Qiyu Zhou being completely dumbfounded before the final round that he’d brought his daughter all the way to Blackpool in 2017 and it wasn’t actually a FIDE competition. He had no idea! At least Scarborough has made the switch now to FIDE. As far as I know I think Blackpool is staying ECF only, unless Bill has had a change or heart?

AlanLlewellyn

Post by AlanLlewellyn » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:57 pm

it was 2014 the year it happened... oh thats a nasty one poor girl.

MJMcCready

Post by MJMcCready » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:29 pm

Sounds like unnecessary turmoil.

Joey Stewart

Post by Joey Stewart » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:35 pm

Presumably there is an old template being cut and pasted each year for the tournament and the organisers have been forgetting to take out the FIDE rated part of it, or perhaps they have now since these issues are many years old....
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.