The Internet Chess Club (ICC)

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
AlanLlewellyn

The Internet Chess Club (ICC)

Post by AlanLlewellyn » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:18 am

I am a member of the Internet Chess Club, i am still a member(I have been on and off for 22 years) this is despite it having seen better days I must admit, but I am enjoying it more so than ever because I am getting League slow games in the team 45 45 set-up which I play on whats called a smart board (it transfers moves played on a physical board to the internet board).
The joy of playing darn near otb chess isnt the same as real otb but it keeps me ticking over to the next otb tourney, club or league game.
Playing on chess.com with a smartboard is a faff but playing on the ICC it is fully supported. I play a little blitz on the icc as well but its just when i feel like it.
The ICC is best used with the blitzin app as communication is powerful using that system, and talking online in real time is one of the assets the icc has over other less social sites.

Roger de Coverly

Re: The Internet Chess Club (ICC)

Post by Roger de Coverly » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:04 am

AlanLlewellyn wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:18 am
The ICC is best used with the blitzin app as communication is powerful using that system, and talking online in real time is one of the assets the icc has over other less social sites.
Back in the days before chess.com and lichess, I found the chat feature on ICC an annoying feature. Admittedly I only playing Blitz therefore concentration was at a premium, but chatter of varying degrees of unfriendliness could be distracting.

I gave up on ICC more than ten or fifteen years ago because at the time my internet connection became flaky, so I was losing games through disconnections.

AlanLlewellyn

Re: The Internet Chess Club (ICC)

Post by AlanLlewellyn » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:11 am

Rodger different people find online chat iin a different way, i hear everyone saying how toxic it is but i have found everyone but the mods friendly online.