'The Chase' Television Programme

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Andrew Smith

'The Chase' Television Programme

Post by Andrew Smith » Mon May 17, 2021 9:24 pm

I saw that Martin, from Manchester's 4NCL Team was on 'The Chase' today.....( I guess it was recorded quite some time ago ?!)

Matt Mackenzie

Re: 'The Chase' Television Programme

Post by Matt Mackenzie » Mon May 17, 2021 10:17 pm

Mart*y*n Hamer, I presume?
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)

Paul Habershon

Post by Paul Habershon » Tue May 18, 2021 7:23 am

Andrew Smith wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 9:24 pm
I saw that Martin, from Manchester's 4NCL Team was on 'The Chase' today.....( I guess it was recorded quite some time ago ?!)
I saw most of the programme but missed the first contestant, Martyn, so didn't hear if chess was mentioned in the chat. He and two others got through to the final 'chase' and won £6,666 each in a tight finish despite going for a rugby ball having six rows of stitches after the 'chaser', with two seconds left, thought it was a football. It's actually a cricket ball.

Martyn said he was going to use the money for a trip to Las Vegas.

Some 'Chase' programmes are now socially distanced but they are still showing pre-Covid recordings (probably repeats) and this was one of them.

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Tue May 18, 2021 8:03 am

Yes, that's Martyn Hamer from the Manticores; you can watch it on the ITV Hub; he mentioned chess and backgammon as his main games
Any postings on here represent my personal views

Matt Mackenzie

Post by Matt Mackenzie » Tue May 18, 2021 3:16 pm

Paul Habershon wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 7:23 am
Andrew Smith wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 9:24 pm
I saw most of the programme but missed the first contestant, Martyn, so didn't hear if chess was mentioned in the chat. He and two others got through to the final 'chase' and won £6,666 each in a tight finish despite going for a rugby ball having six rows of stitches after the 'chaser', with two seconds left, thought it was a football. It's actually a cricket ball.

Martyn said he was going to use the money for a trip to Las Vegas.

Some 'Chase' programmes are now socially distanced but they are still showing pre-Covid recordings (probably repeats) and this was one of them.
Its one from the most recent televised series (made last year)

The "pre-Covid" arrangements suggest it may have been shown "out of sync" for some reason.
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)