I have now been playing chess exactly 4 years now, I am now more determined than ever to try succeed to reach GM status.
The problem was I had a bad year in the British and that cost me a bad fide of 1669, in less than 7 months I have got it to about 1800, which might not seem much but because I work full time I've not had enough to boost it more than this.
I feel my standard of play is about 2100 at the moment, I hope this year I will hit 170 plus in standard and rapidplay; I aim this year after the New grades (ECF) are out I will be aiming high to reach 190 for the following 2012-2013 years.
I am also potentially starting coaching, and possibly will be getting seconded at the Gatwick and British.
Matt.
The Question is......
Can I become GM or is it to late?