My copy of this month's BCM has just arrived on the doormat. I liked the change of font from Times New Roman to something more modern looking and the interview with Michael Adams was very interesting too.
I will read through the rest of the articles at the weekend.
Does anyone else have any first impressions?
The British Chess Magazine
-
Geoff Marchant
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:37 am
- Location: Purley, Surrey
Re: The British Chess Magazine
My first impression is that it has become "The British Chess Magazine", from "British Chess Magazine"!
There's a little more advertising in the new edition, dotted across the pages rather than just on the back cover. At the moment I prefer the previous font, although I'm sure I'll happily get used to this one. A nice coup to get an interview with Michael Adams, which I read with interest. I'm sure he will be livid that the crosstable on p.455 shows his score in the British being only 9 points - didn't he get 9.5?
There's a little more advertising in the new edition, dotted across the pages rather than just on the back cover. At the moment I prefer the previous font, although I'm sure I'll happily get used to this one. A nice coup to get an interview with Michael Adams, which I read with interest. I'm sure he will be livid that the crosstable on p.455 shows his score in the British being only 9 points - didn't he get 9.5?
-
Phil Neatherway
- Posts: 685
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:10 pm
- Location: Abingdon
-
Ian Kingston
- Posts: 1072
- Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:16 pm
- Location: Sutton Coldfield
- Contact:
Re: The British Chess Magazine
And there's some weirdness going on there. Click on the 'Subscribe to magazine' link at the top of the page and you'll be sent to a subscription page for Chess, rather than BCM. The same happens if you click on the BCM August image (links to older issues of BCM work OK). At the top left of the page there's a square box which says:
That takes you to a page with contact details for Steve Giddins and BCM subscriptions.Attention BCM Readers
British Chess Magazine is no longer administered by us (London Chess Centre).
For contact details relating to this magazine please click here
Seems like a bit of a mess. Anyone know what's going on?
Ian Kingston
http://www.iankingston.com
http://www.iankingston.com