Chess playing candidates in the forthcoming elections.

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Post Reply
Alistair Campbell
Posts: 430
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Chess playing candidates in the forthcoming elections.

Post by Alistair Campbell » Fri May 01, 2026 3:42 pm

I'm not sure if this counts as chess, or not chess. I'll leave others to decide.

There's usually a thread on chess players running for election - I'll make the opening move.

For Holyrood I think there are 4:

Liam Kerr (Conservative) in Aberdeen Deeside and North Kincardine;

Alan Reid (Lib Dem) in Argyll and Bute;

Andrew Muir (Independent) in Dumbarton;

Daniel Coleman (Lib Dem) in Dundee City West.

Liam and Alan are also standing on the list. (There are a few candidates with the same name as current or former players but to the best of my knowledge this is just coincidence).

Any others elsewhere?

Post Reply