Chess-Results.com PGN files

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Post Reply
Reg Clucas
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 3:45 pm

Chess-Results.com PGN files

Post by Reg Clucas » Sun Aug 10, 2025 8:07 pm

Is anyone else having problems playing these PGN files? For instance, the following game appears OK to begin with -
.
.
Screenshot from 2025-08-10 19-55-53.png
Screenshot from 2025-08-10 19-55-53.png (213.9 KiB) Viewed 1369 times
.
.
But as soon as I press the button to play the first move I get -
.
.
Screenshot from 2025-08-10 19-56-19.png
Screenshot from 2025-08-10 19-56-19.png (177.09 KiB) Viewed 1369 times
.
.
Happens in two different browsers (Firefox & Chromium)

Colin Purdon
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:45 pm

Re: Chess-Results.com PGN files

Post by Colin Purdon » Sun Aug 10, 2025 10:45 pm

Yes, I have seen that when playing through a different game, from the U14 section. I tried a couple of hours later and there was no problem, so I assumed they'd fixed a problem in the PGN file. Having said that, I'm pretty sure I saw the same weird piece configuration in as in your second image, so maybe the problem is or was more systematic.

Post Reply