DGT Easy Plus now only £22

Provide a description and system requirements and/or condition etc.
Gareth T Ellis

DGT Easy Plus now only £22

Post by Gareth T Ellis » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:55 pm

http://www.wholesalechess.co.uk

Will be stocking the DGT Easy Plus after the New Year at the special price of £22

DGT EASY PLUS
The DGT Easy Plus is a high quality game timer with modern features combining absolute simplicity with a sturdy and elegant design.

It is practically unbreakable and ideal for children, schools, chess clubs and home use.

Includes Bonus per move and Delay per move option.

Universal game timer
Suitable for all two-player games
Move timer & game timer
Delay & bonus modes
Manual programming for all timing methods
Easy to program and easy to use, the Easy Plus features handy front buttons, game timer count-up option, simple one-touch reset, a large and clear display, low battery indicator and optional buzzer. Individual time settings possible for each player.
batteries included.

Supplied in a nice gift box.

Brian Towers

Re: DGT Easy Plus now only £22

Post by Brian Towers » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:43 pm

But, no increments, if I'm not mistaken, Gareth? So, completely unsuitable for chess clubs or serious players?
Ah, but I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now.

Gareth T Ellis

Post by Gareth T Ellis » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:04 pm

Brian Towers » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:43 pm

But, no increments, if I'm not mistaken, Gareth? So, completely unsuitable for chess clubs or serious players?
Brian you are mistaken!

These are the Easy Plus not the basic model they have a RRP of about £35 (RRP priced in Euro)
Even used by the ECF's curator of equipment as they have increments, although not suitable for multiple time controls.

Brian Towers

Post by Brian Towers » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:07 pm

Gareth T Ellis wrote:Brian you are mistaken!

These are the Easy Plus not the basic model they have a RRP of about £35 (RRP priced in Euro)
Even used by the ECF's curator of equipment as they have increments, although not suitable for multiple time controls.
Thanks for the clarification, Gareth. I was obviously confusing them with the similarly named DGT Easy (but no Plus).

So, these should be fine for clubs, just not for top level tournaments like Hastings or London Classic.

How robust are they? That's always an important consideration for clubs where they're likely to get some abuse in blitz games and the like.
Ah, but I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now.

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:10 pm

Brian Towers wrote: So, these should be fine for clubs
Without multiple time controls such as initial 75 minutes and then an extra 15, many clubs would not be able to use them as their league rules currently stand.

Gareth T Ellis

Post by Gareth T Ellis » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:42 pm

Brian Towers » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:07 pm

So, these should be fine for clubs, just not for top level tournaments like Hastings or London Classic.
How robust are they? That's always an important consideration for clubs where they're likely to get some abuse in blitz games and the like.
Very robust, obviously the DGT 2010 & 3000 are better, but for the market these are aimed at they should be the best quality and price.

There are cheaper digitals out there but having tested several types I couldn't find any that I'd be prepared to commit to retailing.
Roger de Coverly » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:10 pm

Brian Towers wrote:
So, these should be fine for clubs

Without multiple time controls such as initial 75 minutes and then an extra 15, many clubs would not be able to use them as their league rules currently stand.

There is always the DGT 2010 at £35, analogues at £40+ or maybe the leagues will eventually change to 90 minutes all moves or even increments as I predict.

http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7984

Gareth T Ellis

Post by Gareth T Ellis » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:31 pm

Carl,

Thanks yet again to your ecforum, within a few days of posting here 140 clocks had sold before it even appeared on my own site.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:58 pm

Gareth T Ellis wrote:Carl,

Thanks yet again to your ecforum, within a few days of posting here 140 clocks had sold before it even appeared on my own site.
Good news.
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Paul Dargan

Post by Paul Dargan » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:40 pm

I played with a lot of the previous edition of these clocks and the lever action in blitz was poor - the lever had a habit of bouncing or sticking. I see there's a new version, but would be keen to hear if anyone has used for extensive blitz?

Paul

Gareth T Ellis

Post by Gareth T Ellis » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:35 pm

Paul Dargan » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:40 pm

I played with a lot of the previous edition of these clocks and the lever action in blitz was poor - the lever had a habit of bouncing or sticking. I see there's a new version, but would be keen to hear if anyone has used for extensive blitz?
Hi Paul,

A forum member has already been arranged to receive a free clock to give it a thorough check on ease of setting and durability then give an independent review on here.

From DGT description: http://www.digitalgametechnology.com/in ... -easy-plus

The updated version released in 2014 has extra large display, larger buttons, improved lever operation, additional "move timer plus save" option and batteries included.

So when comparing prices if batteries aren't included it's most likely a pre 2014 version with the inferior lever action.

Ray Sayers

Post by Ray Sayers » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:14 pm

Paul Dargan wrote:I played with a lot of the previous edition of these clocks and the lever action in blitz was poor - the lever had a habit of bouncing or sticking. I see there's a new version, but would be keen to hear if anyone has used for extensive blitz?

Paul
Hi Paul,

Bucks Youth Chess have been using 40 of them for nearly 2 years now with no issues. And that is with kids bashing them around!

Hope that helps.

Paul Dargan

Post by Paul Dargan » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:22 am

Thanks for the info guys - a group I play with in the Middle East literally gave-up on theprevious model because of all the issues we had playing blitz with them.

Paul

Gareth T Ellis

Post by Gareth T Ellis » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:07 pm

For a review by Brian Towers please see here:

http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=8145