ECF Online Chess Club

The new online chess club in partnership with the company Chess Cube.
andrew martin

ECF Online Chess Club

Post by andrew martin » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:14 pm

Please note that from Monday 3rd Dec, you can play chess online at the new ECF club completely free. I hope all players in the British Isles will support this venture,because as time goes by this project may well develop into something very special. Just sign up!

For instance, I hope all chess clubs will have their own seperate area,both public and private within the main club.

Later....

Andrew

andrew martin

Post by andrew martin » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:26 pm

The club has opened early : http://ecfclub.chesscube.com

Andrew

Joey Stewart

Post by Joey Stewart » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:14 am

I have joined it, it has lots of nice features on but I have found some of the windows impossible to close once opened.

Also, are there going to be lectures sometime soon?
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

andrew martin

Post by andrew martin » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:15 pm

What you have currently is the basic model. this will always be on offer.

However, the premium membership feature,which will be subscription-based, will come into effect in 3 months or so. We are building a recording studio where live shows and lectures will take place. Online opening videos will be available. The club will have excellent research facilities. Coaches will be able to run sessions. We will run online tournaments.

It is my fond hope that every single chess club in Britain will have its own public and private room at our online club,thus adding a whole new dimension to chess in this country.

In the meantime,enjoy what we have; a community is already building. Joining up and encouraging others to do so is the best support you can give at this time.

Andrew

Joey Stewart

Post by Joey Stewart » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:24 pm

Could there be any sort of bonus if I were to help out by spreading the word of the site? I know quite alot of players and am fairly confident that I could give a boost to the numbers?

P.S. What sort of times of day are you online? Do you fancy playing some blitz sometime?
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:21 pm

I have moved the topic into a new forum which should better organise this new service

Hope that is acceptable
Cheers
Carl Hibbard