Things you might have missed

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.
benedgell

Re: Things you might have missed

Post by benedgell » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:55 am

I'll take a punt at covering Div. 4, mainly so that I can celebrate my team's mediocrity ;)

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:22 am

Mike Truran wrote:Neil has kindly volunteered to try to find someone. If anyone else would like to do the reporting, or knows someone who would, I'm sure we can find our way to crossing their palms with (a small amount of) sliver.
Silver may be a better incentive :lol:

Mike Truran

Post by Mike Truran » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:25 am

Indeed - now edited. Thanks!

David Robertson

Post by David Robertson » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:48 pm

I thought Lawrence Cooper's old reports were excellent. It was always helpful to read a well-judged summary of the goings-on in the three Divisions, particularly when I and colleagues were in Div 3. The higher divisions would otherwise have seemed over the horizon.

These days, now my perspective has moved on a bit, It impresses me how Jonathan Rogers, in his comments in here, manages to play and keep a grip on events in Div 1 & 2. Yes, I know he has three teams across those divisions; and he's been at the task for several years. Even so, it's impressive: I struggle to keep a grip of events in my own Pool, never mind the rest.

So well-observed summaries, highlighting notable events as LC did (and JR does), are appreciated by a number of us. These slivers of information deserve a little silver now and again.

Mike Truran

Post by Mike Truran » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:55 pm

Not Division 3 I know, but Chess & Bridge have kindly agreed to let us have copies of their various reports for the 2014/15 season which can now be found on the 4NCL website. There are three reports for the first four weekends, two reports for the fifth weekend and a report on our 4NCL FIDE rated congress at Wakefield.