4NCL live boards poll (round 4)

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.

Which three matches do you want to see on the live boards for round 4 of the 4NCL?

WGHK 1 - Barbican 4NCL 1
28%
BCM Dragons - Cambridge Uni 1
3%
e2e4.org.uk 1 - Cheddleton 1
29%
Guildford 2 - Sambuca Sharks
2%
Jutes of Kent - Guildford 1
21%
WGHK 2 - Warwickshire Select 1
5%
White Rose 1 - Barbican 4NCL 2
5%
South Wales Dragons - Blackthorne Russia
7%

Total votes: 58

Christopher Kreuzer

Re: 4NCL live boards poll (round 4)

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:54 am

I suppose the real question to ask would have been "do you intend to watch the games that are broadcast, or will you just play through them later?" There are, arguably, more important issues to run polls on than this, but it seems to have generated some interest and some debate.

Joey Stewart

Post by Joey Stewart » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:29 pm

Alot of the forum users are 4ncl players themselves, so I guess they are going to be missing out on the live games (other then the fact they can watch them in the flesh) anyway. Although, having said that, I did find myself looking at some of the division 1 games on saturday evening after my own game had finished so if we are in a hotel with computer access then there is more possibility.
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

Jonathan Rogers

Post by Jonathan Rogers » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:42 pm

Probably we - or at least, those who will be able to watch the live games - owe Chris a vote of thanks for setting up these polls. The 4NCL site lists the scheduled matches for both days next weekend, and they seem to follow the poll findings for both rounds to a 'T'.

Christopher Kreuzer

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Jonathan Rogers wrote:Probably we - or at least, those who will be able to watch the live games - owe Chris a vote of thanks for setting up these polls. The 4NCL site lists the scheduled matches for both days next weekend, and they seem to follow the poll findings for both rounds to a 'T'.
I had completely (really completely) forgotten about these polls! :oops: Still, nice to see that they seem to have had some effect. :D Maybe someone could do something similar for the following rounds when the time comes, as I don't think I'll have the time.