Paragon

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.
KMcCarthy

Paragon

Post by KMcCarthy » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:11 pm

It seems we have no longer got Paragon hotel so what is the best solution ? I know lets just move March weekend divs 1-3 to somewhere else in Central England like errrrrm Wokefield !!

Not content with disadvantaging us midlands/northern based players at every turn ...we do it again mid season....i will no doubt be missing the same 3 players for that weekend as i will miss for this next one and get to play Slough within spitting distance of their homes.

Decisions decisions

1 Buy a few southern titled players and pay for promotion ?
2 Pull out of league
3 Get things changed haha
4 Seek redress from league re costs/impending default points etc

YetanothercrackingbitofNCLamateurismmethinks :roll:
Sharks 4NCL

Ben Hague

Re: Paragon

Post by Ben Hague » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:10 pm

I think it's been clear for the last 2 or 3 years that the organisers want to make the 4NCL southern based, presumably for their own benefit as I'm not aware of any demands from the players, and certainly not the captains. This may be a case where they had to change plans at short notice, but it is suspiciously convenient for them, and I suspect that this, coupled with their venues for next season will remove a good chunk of non-southern/paid players. Certainly it's looking like I've played my last games unless something changes.

Claire Summerscale

Post by Claire Summerscale » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:04 pm

It could not have been foreseen that the Paragon would renege on its agreement with the 4NCL and this situation is not convenient for anyone.

The Paragon intended to charge the 4NCL £14,000 per weekend for use of the hotel facilities, which equates to an additional cost to each team of approximately £400 per weekend. A huge amount of effort was invested in the short period of time available to find alternative venues.

Finding venues is an extremely complex and time-consuming task, given the relatively limited number of hotel/conference venues who are able to/willing to meet the 4NCL's requirements regarding free venue, commission, size of playing area, number of bedrooms, room rates etc. We haven't been able to find central venues that meet our requirements all the time - hence the spread around the country.

We can have our pick of any venue in the country if:
1. Teams are willing to pay an additional £166,000 per season in entry fees to cover the cost of paying for venues and not receiving commission (ie around £2,400 a team, based on the terms quoted by the Paragon Hotel).
2. Players are willing to pay considerably more for their rooms.
Until that time, I'm afraid our leverage over hotels is somewhat less than we would like.

In response to comments received from team captains and despite the difficulty in finding suitable midlands based venues, the 4NCL board who invest their time and effort for free to ensure the 4NCL is a success for everyone, have worked hard to move to a more central bias next season.

Claire Summerscale
4NCL Chairman

Joey Stewart

Post by Joey Stewart » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:46 pm

What happened with the britinia hotel in coventry? That was a relatively good midlands venue.
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

Claire Summerscale

Post by Claire Summerscale » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:38 pm

Dear Joey
Thank you for your question. There were unfortunately problems with the Coventry hotel and we are unable to use them in the future.

Regards
Claire Summerscale