4NCL dispute

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.
Ian Thompson

Re: 4NCL dispute

Post by Ian Thompson » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:03 am

Angus French wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:09 am
I wonder: has anyone else found it difficult to read the decision text? Isn't it usual in dispute rulings to start off by describing what happened, having taken input from all the parties involved?
I agree. That was exactly what I thought when I read it. You can only deduce (some of) what happened from the conclusions.

An obvious omission is what the arbiters did, or didn't, do after Emerson had left the playing hall. Did they default him or was Cherniaev required to wait 1 hour and 40 minutes until Emerson lost on time? Whatever they did, do the Management Board think it was the right thing to have done?

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:20 am

NickFaulks wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:46 am
I had it in my mind that there was an earlier statement covering the basic facts, but it seems I was mistaken.
Perhaps you had heard gossip and rumour. I suppose resigning or letting the time run out after one move is taking a rating hit on behalf of the team as otherwise the 4NCL penalty for defaults would have applied.

Kevin Thurlow

Post by Kevin Thurlow » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:39 am

"Perhaps you had heard gossip and rumour. I suppose resigning or letting the time run out after one move is taking a rating hit on behalf of the team as otherwise the 4NCL penalty for defaults would have applied."

Or, he hoped not only to be awarded the game, but also get loads of free rating points as well?

It might just have been to make the dispute more dramatic.

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:47 pm

I have definite reason to believe that someone appealed an early decision and that an Appeals Committee was formed and met. Am I correct that you wouldn't glean that from the statement?
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.