Search found 11 matches
- Wed Aug 20, 2025 7:19 pm
- Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
- Topic: Ewart J. SMITH
- Replies: 11
- Views: 3098
Re: Ewart J. SMITH
I had a few battles over the years with Ewart. Always seemed a nice guy. RIP.
- Thu May 29, 2025 6:20 pm
- Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
- Topic: Tim Dickinson
- Replies: 24
- Views: 8244
Re: Tim Dickinson
So sorry to hear this, especially at such a young age. We played on the same and opposing teams on numerous occasions during my time living in Oxford, though Tim was always a stronger player.
RIP Tim.
RIP Tim.
- Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:50 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: David Glueck (Oxfordshire team 1991-2)
- Replies: 61
- Views: 11038
Re: David Glueck (Oxfordshire team 1991-2)
Thank you, Jim, for posting your game, and supplying grades where known. Are you getting those grades from the grading list that was in use at that time, or from a team-sheet that you have? Or maybe another source altogether? Thank you also for putting in some ages. I had not twigged that you were ...
- Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:25 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: David Glueck (Oxfordshire team 1991-2)
- Replies: 61
- Views: 11038
Re: David Glueck (Oxfordshire team 1991-2)
Certainly too good for me that day!
- Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:06 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: David Glueck (Oxfordshire team 1991-2)
- Replies: 61
- Views: 11038
Re: David Glueck (Oxfordshire team 1991-2)
Thanks Roger!
- Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:17 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: David Glueck (Oxfordshire team 1991-2)
- Replies: 61
- Views: 11038
Re: David Glueck (Oxfordshire team 1991-2)
As someone else has suggested, I was the Stayt involved. The grades were as follows (obviously in those days we were using the old grading system, updated once a year): A Ledger 211 D Glueck 227 D Ledger 195 ST Ansell 213 J (aged 16) A Bryce 193 NJ Holloway 206 S Ledger 189 M Hazelton 193 TG Hare ??...
- Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:54 pm
- Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
- Topic: Kevin Hawkins
- Replies: 11
- Views: 3529
Re: Kevin Hawkins
Really sorry to hear this. I played Kevin 4 times over the last 10 years (and maybe a few further back), most recently in February. He was always a very friendly and sporting opponent.
My condolences to his friends and family.
My condolences to his friends and family.
- Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:55 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Probably a record?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2043
Probably a record?
Something recently reminded me of the Weald congress (2010), when I think I probably achieved / equalled a record of sorts (at least in the UK). I was close to the grading borderline for entering the major and had opted instead to enter the open. When I turned up I was one of around 12, in a field w...
- Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:32 pm
- Forum: 4NCL
- Topic: Venues for 2018-2019
- Replies: 11
- Views: 4804
Re: venues for 2018-2019
Thanks 
- Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:52 pm
- Forum: 4NCL
- Topic: Venues for 2018-2019
- Replies: 11
- Views: 4804
Venues for 2018-2019
Has it been decided where division 4 south will be held 2018-2019?
Apologies if I've missed it somewhere obvious.
Apologies if I've missed it somewhere obvious.
- Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:03 pm
- Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
- Topic: Ray Starkie
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3741
Re: Ray Starkie
Really sorry to hear about this. I played Ray several times over the years when he was at Cowley and I was at Oxford City, and he was always a very strong and sporting opponent. Very sad that he has passed away so young.