Search found 5 matches

by gxkendall
Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:17 pm
Forum: Not Chess!
Topic: Knight's Tour: Are there other similar problems?
Replies: 38
Views: 10996

Re: Knight's Tour: Are there other similar problems?

All

Sorry, I did not post this in Chess as I thought it might upset some people, who wanted to discuss "pure chess". As I said newbie :-).

But enjoying the thread.

Graham
by gxkendall
Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:45 pm
Forum: Not Chess!
Topic: Knight's Tour: Are there other similar problems?
Replies: 38
Views: 10996

Re: Knight's Tour: Are there other similar problems?

John

Thanks again - appreciate it.

G
by gxkendall
Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:48 am
Forum: Not Chess!
Topic: Knight's Tour: Are there other similar problems?
Replies: 38
Views: 10996

Re: Knight's Tour: Are there other similar problems?

John

Thanks. I realise that the article would not pass strict scientific rigour but the article is written for a slightly different audience and I hope that the terminology does not upset too many people.
by gxkendall
Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:13 am
Forum: Not Chess!
Topic: Knight's Tour: Are there other similar problems?
Replies: 38
Views: 10996

Re: Knight's Tour: Are there other similar problems?

Many thanks - that is very useful.

G
by gxkendall
Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:18 pm
Forum: Not Chess!
Topic: Knight's Tour: Are there other similar problems?
Replies: 38
Views: 10996

Knight's Tour: Are there other similar problems?

Hi (from a newbie) I have recently published an article about Knight's Tours (see https://theconversation.com/how-to-get-ants-to-solve-a-chess-problem-22282 ). It got me thinking whether there are any other problems like this, as I'd like to look at doing some research into variants of Knight's Tour...