Search found 12 matches
- Sat Mar 15, 2025 10:52 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Chess Masters: the Endgame
- Replies: 530
- Views: 248347
Re: Chess Masters: the Endgame
On Gogglebox from "surely not chess" attitude to several enjoying, got involved, "stressed watching that" comment, it went down better than I thought it might. Maybe it works on the target audience.
- Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:30 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Cheating in chess
- Replies: 3304
- Views: 560486
Re: Cheating in chess
I appreciate your reply Matthew.
- Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:18 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Cheating in chess
- Replies: 3304
- Views: 560486
Re: Cheating in chess
Everyone (as a known player) flagged in online chess immediately gets backed by all and sundry. It could of course be they are innocent. There is no way to be sure 100% either way. I've checked through one of the games of the current debate and every move except 2 were computer first choice. The 2 m...
- Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:42 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: (Chess) Life Returning To Normal
- Replies: 2803
- Views: 343944
Re: (Chess) Life Returning To Normal
"say scientists from the US pharmaceutical company".
I wait to see some independent scientists, not the company themselves.
I wait to see some independent scientists, not the company themselves.
- Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:05 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Cheating in chess
- Replies: 3304
- Views: 560486
Re: Cheating in chess
Do folk really want no kind of cheat detection whether online or OTB? It seems from all the comments I have read, with a lot of bitterness, that many seemingly want a free for all (I don't really believe that, but that's how it comes across). The game would be destroyed. It won't be long before tech...
- Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:14 pm
- Forum: Not Chess!
- Topic: COVid19-What's wrong with UK?
- Replies: 285
- Views: 45380
Re: COVid19-What's wrong with UK?
Hardly any flu deaths as because of general social distancing has stopped it spreading. It is much slower spreading than Covid.
- Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:29 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: (Chess) Life Returning To Normal
- Replies: 2803
- Views: 343944
Re: (Chess) Life Returning To Normal
There are 1.2 -1.5 Million NHS workers, over 3 Million at 80+ according to earlier age chart. Many others in Vulnerable and age groups. The authorities reporting being pleased with 137,000 Vaccines done this week. I hope rates improve ( I am sure it will) or it will takes years!
- Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:47 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Invisible pieces
- Replies: 202
- Views: 28099
Re: Invisible pieces
Thanks for pointing this article out Justin. Possibly the best written I've read on the subject.
- Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:19 pm
- Forum: Book Reviews
- Topic: The Queen's Gambit by Walter Tevis (Netflix adaptation)
- Replies: 15
- Views: 10556
Re: The Queen's Gambit by Walter Tevis (Netflix adaptation)
Enjoyed the book in the 80's so looked forward to this series. After watching all the series I have to say I was not disappointed. Most realistic chess in a drama I have seen, proper positions and moves. Following the moves with computer. The only unrealistic thing was every game had a winner, no dr...
- Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:51 pm
- Forum: Rating Debate
- Topic: July 2019 grades......
- Replies: 71
- Views: 18722
Re: July 2019 grades......
Wasn't there talk that there was going to be a conversion to 4 figure elo ratings?
- Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:12 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Chess Baron Online Supplier- Any Experience?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1546
Re: Chess Baron Online Supplier- Any Experience?
I ordered the enhanced pieces for the Novag Citrine in 2014 and everything was perfect.
They have been suppliers for quite a few years.
Hope that helps
They have been suppliers for quite a few years.
Hope that helps
- Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:49 pm
- Forum: Rating Debate
- Topic: Grading Rules?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2882
Grading Rules?
I was wondering what the rules are regarding this situation. I was asked to play twice by my club captain in a Wolverhampton Summer League Div 2 which both were drawn. Then was informed that both matches were defaulted because my grade was over the limit as my captain thought last summer's grading w...