Search found 104 matches

by Chris Fegan
Tue Dec 31, 2024 6:29 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: English chess is moribund
Replies: 300
Views: 27118

Re: English chess is moribund

I cannot remember the last time that I posted on this Forum but I have made an “exception to my own rule” to do so as I wish to endorse the earlier post by Richard Bates Everyone knows that drive-by foruming annoys me. Certainly more than trolling. So I'd just like to take the opportunity to condem...
by Chris Fegan
Tue Dec 31, 2024 5:58 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: English chess is moribund
Replies: 300
Views: 27118

Re: English chess is moribund

I cannot remember the last time that I posted on this Forum but I have made an “exception to my own rule” to do so as I wish to endorse the earlier post by Richard Bates
by Chris Fegan
Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:39 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: Members' Representation
Replies: 165
Views: 26960

Re: Members' Representation

Would it be simpler if Chris were to provide us with a list of people whom he does not consider to be despicable? Nick I consider most chess players NOT to be despicable actually Nick, including yourself, except when you beat me at Chess itself, like you did in our last OTB game. I actually find ve...
by Chris Fegan
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:31 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: Members' Representation
Replies: 165
Views: 26960

Re: Members' Representation

Roger Emerson, who follows but is not a member of this place, has asked me to post the following in his name: 1) All this talk of “a kangaroo court” is just plain wrong. The basic facts are not trumped up, but indisputable: Chris Fegan's posts deliberately breached Board confidentiality, breached B...
by Chris Fegan
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:20 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: Chair of the Governance Committee 2021
Replies: 86
Views: 22669

Re: Chair of the Governance Committee 2021

Roger Emerson, who follows but is not a member of this place, has asked me to post the following in his name: 1) All this talk of “a kangaroo court” is just plain wrong. The basic facts are not trumped up, but indisputable: Chris Fegan's posts deliberately breached Board confidentiality, breached B...
by Chris Fegan
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:12 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: Members' Representation
Replies: 165
Views: 26960

Re: Members' Representation

Ian Thompson wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:41 pm
[
Yes, what a carry on.
Maybe you should have linked to your own starring singing role

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOdgLprZCts
by Chris Fegan
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:12 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: Members' Representation
Replies: 165
Views: 26960

Re: Members' Representation

I am hardly going to pre-release my election speech Many of the attendees at the AGM are likely to be under prior instructions as to how to vote. It's too late at the AGM itself to influence how these votes might be cast. I expect Chris has realised that will work in his favour. :lol: Ian I find it...
by Chris Fegan
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:41 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: Members' Representation
Replies: 165
Views: 26960

Re: Members' Representation

Am I right in thinking that people can't just "come to the AGM". Unless they are a delegate I believe they can only attend at the invitation of the Chairman of Council (currently Michael Farthing) and even then can't do anything except watch. Those of us with longer memories will remember that the ...
by Chris Fegan
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:02 am
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: Members' Representation
Replies: 165
Views: 26960

Re: Members' Representation

Come to the AGM and all will be revealed Nah tho. You're asking people to decide before the AGM to vote for you, based on some smoking gun that you won't show us until the AGM. That doesn't sound like normal British standards of democracy. You really need to get your facts straight-nobody will vote...
by Chris Fegan
Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:35 am
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: Members' Representation
Replies: 165
Views: 26960

Re: Members' Representation

It is a total diatribe attack on my candidacy using the kangaroo court as a justification Eh?! Are we reading the same report? You are mentioned in one sentence: Reading the report of the NEDs and Governance Committee alongside Chris Fegan's election address, I get the impression that the NEDs have...
by Chris Fegan
Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:25 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: Members' Representation
Replies: 165
Views: 26960

Re: Members' Representation

Your Silver Report does not look very open minded nor fair to me. I suspect most of the audience thought it a statement of the facts. Where is it not fair or not open minded? Until not so long ago, it was a generally agreed strategy that despite the problem that the ECF could not itself become a ch...
by Chris Fegan
Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:03 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: Members' Representation
Replies: 165
Views: 26960

Re: Members' Representation

[ I am not sure that the accusations ( via Wall ) against Clissold, Regan and Woodhouse will bring Malcolm's campaign any net benefit, but perhaps his political instincts are better than mine. Nick Please do not put words into my mouth or misquote me. I have made it very clear on this Forum and els...
by Chris Fegan
Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:53 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: Members' Representation
Replies: 165
Views: 26960

Re: Members' Representation

You are mistaking the Gov Committee for the NED's Well not really Chris because if I follow the accounts above, the NEDs contacted you after themselves being induced to do so by the GC. So did the NEDs, for instance, give you no idea what specifically what this was about? Did they ask you for your ...
by Chris Fegan
Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:45 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: Members' Representation
Replies: 165
Views: 26960

Re: Members' Representation

JustinHorton wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:42 pm
So they simultaneously raised the matter with you and failed to give you any chance to defend yourself?
You are mistaking the Gov Committee for the NED's- please keep up or alternatively come to the AGM where you will heard the whole sordid story.
by Chris Fegan
Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:37 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: Members' Representation
Replies: 165
Views: 26960

Re: Members' Representation

As you and your colleagues never even told me that your kangaroo court was being held nor that any or what charges were being brought against me nor gave me any chance to defend myself, This report states: 4.11 The NEDs raised the matter with CF. At the time of writing there has been no adequate re...