Search found 7 matches

by Chris Dossett
Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:56 am
Forum: 4NCL
Topic: 4NCL North 2013-14
Replies: 206
Views: 40353

Re: 4NCL North 2013-14

Alan Walton wrote:From what I can remember, 3.... Nc6 is a better idea, but I haven't play against it for years, presumably it is better for black if he knows his stuff
... or in this case is SHE knows HER stuff :-)
by Chris Dossett
Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:53 am
Forum: 4NCL
Topic: 4NCL North 2013-14
Replies: 206
Views: 40353

Re: 4NCL North 2013-14

It looks like Chris Dossett and Martina Flint played the Lisitsin Gambit. Yes, 1 Nf3 players hardly ever get the chance to play this line, though I remember Tony Pawson turning it into a Latvian Counter with 1 Nf3 f5, 2 e4 e5. against me. My excuse is that I totally missed that Martina could play R...
by Chris Dossett
Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:37 pm
Forum: Women's Chess
Topic: European team championships, Poland
Replies: 17
Views: 8840

Re: European team championships, Poland

As I have recently posted on another thread, the following announcement has now appeared on the ECF website England Women’s Team After further discussion with the European Chess Union, the English Chess Federation is pleased to announce the participation of the England Women’s Team in the 2013 ...
by Chris Dossett
Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:30 pm
Forum: International News
Topic: European Championship - Team ENGLAND
Replies: 209
Views: 24204

Re: European Championship - Team ENGLAND

I think we should have got Judit Polgar as well!! An excellent idea, Mark, with just two minor flaws. One, she isn't registered with England, and two, she isn't registered with England. I know that, technically speaking, this is only one flaw, but I thought it was such a big one that it was worth m...
by Chris Dossett
Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:07 pm
Forum: International News
Topic: European Championship - Team ENGLAND
Replies: 209
Views: 24204

Re: European Championship - Team ENGLAND

Forgive my ignorance, but I am quite new to this. I am interested to know just how much a coach's services would cost the ECF for the Women's team. I imagine (and this may be way off the mark) that appearance fees, for the Open team would be far and away the biggest expense. Travel and accommodation...
by Chris Dossett
Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:20 pm
Forum: International News
Topic: European Championship - Team ENGLAND
Replies: 209
Views: 24204

Re: European Championship - Team ENGLAND

In my opinion this issue is all about fairness and equality. Both Open and Women's teams should be treated with equal respect and funding for one should not be diverted to the other to make it as strong as possible. The ECF represents all it's players, male and female and should do so with equality....
by Chris Dossett
Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:56 am
Forum: Women's Chess
Topic: European team championships, Poland
Replies: 17
Views: 8840

European team championships, Poland

I read with dismay that England have decided not to send a women's team to Poland this November, due to financial reasons. I am baffled how this can be such a low priority to the ECF when it comes to spending money. How can chess be taken seriously as a sport with this attitude to a major internatio...