Search found 1239 matches

by Michael Flatt
Mon Jan 06, 2025 11:14 pm
Forum: Chess History
Topic: SCCU Website?
Replies: 21
Views: 2972

Re: SCCU Website?

There is an alternative URL which I am providing by email.
It directly references a subdomain on the host server where the website resides. It has its own SSL certificate.
by Michael Flatt
Mon Jan 06, 2025 6:53 pm
Forum: Chess History
Topic: SCCU Website?
Replies: 21
Views: 2972

Re: SCCU Website?

Hi John, I think John Upham is correct. Some how your system is retaining some very old data. Perhaps, you didn't turn of your router and computer for sufficient time for the cache to reset. Remember, your android phone found the SCCU site when you disconnected from the wifi router. As I indicated a...
by Michael Flatt
Mon Jan 06, 2025 4:06 pm
Forum: Chess History
Topic: SCCU Website?
Replies: 21
Views: 2972

Re: SCCU Website?

Having just seen John's latest post, I think the solution might simply be resetting the router.
by Michael Flatt
Mon Jan 06, 2025 3:58 pm
Forum: Chess History
Topic: SCCU Website?
Replies: 21
Views: 2972

Re: SCCU Website?

The OP's issue may be related to the recent software upgrade to SCCU-chess.com which was accomplished by setting up a second website correctly configured for Joomla! 5, replicating the original website and swapping domain names. My sites are hosted on cloudaccess.net who have proved very reliable si...
by Michael Flatt
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:48 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Coronavirus leading to cancellation?
Replies: 224
Views: 33609

Re: Coronavirus leading to cancellation?

Yes, St Albans Congress 18th & 19th April 2020 has been postponed. This is a precautionary measure by the school and relates to all lettings external to the school. The school's own events are unaffected. All entrants are being refunded their entry fee and there is talk of rescheduling the congress ...
by Michael Flatt
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:22 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Jamboree Pairings
Replies: 6
Views: 2266

Re: Jamboree Pairings

The Jamboree page of the Oxford Fusion website, managed by Roger Thetford, provides a series of spreadsheets to assist in the running, publishing results and grading of jamboree tournaments.

Results of the 2019 SCCU Junior Jamboree are posted there.

See: http://www.oxfordfusion.com/epsca/
by Michael Flatt
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:11 pm
Forum: Congress Results
Topic: Consistency of Tie-Breaking Methods ?
Replies: 2
Views: 7577

Re: Consistency of Tie-Breaking Methods ?

See FIDE Handbook, Standards of Chess Equipment,venue for FIDE Tournaments, rate of play and tie-break regulations:
https://handbook.fide.com/files/handboo ... ndards.pdf
by Michael Flatt
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:39 pm
Forum: Congress Diary
Topic: BBCA FIDE Rapidplay - Sunday 10th November - Whitechapel, London
Replies: 0
Views: 1600

BBCA FIDE Rapidplay - Sunday 10th November - Whitechapel, London

British Bangla Chess Association (BBCA) invites entries to Annual FIDE Rapidplay tournament. Date: Sunday 10th November Venue: London Enterprise Academy, 81-91 Commercial Road, London E1 1RD Nearest Tube/DLR/Overground: Aldgate East, Aldgate, Whitechapel and Shadwell Only 100 places available - sign...
by Michael Flatt
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:47 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Running a standard play tournament
Replies: 7
Views: 2071

Re: Running a standard play tournament

The relevant page on the ECF website is: https://www.englishchess.org.uk/pay-to- ... -game-fee/
by Michael Flatt
Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:53 am
Forum: Rating Debate
Topic: Grade File Checker
Replies: 17
Views: 8970

Re: Grade File Checker

Nothing wrong with my Windows 10 installation and I have encountered the same problem when attempting to run it on several other Windows 10 machines. I have also run it with the Excel installed box both checked and unchecked. What about the data file that you are running through the checker? I'd re...
by Michael Flatt
Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:29 pm
Forum: Rating Debate
Topic: Grade File Checker
Replies: 17
Views: 8970

Re: Grade File Checker

Does anybody else have the same problem that I am experiencing? I am running a 64Bit Windows 10 system and when I run my Excel grading file (generated by the League Mgt System) through the grade checker program I keep getting "Error 91 - Object Variable Or With Block Variable Not Set". When I run t...
by Michael Flatt
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:35 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: How do I?
Replies: 25
Views: 7530

Re: How do I?

1. The Swiss Manager licence may be shared by a group of individuals working at the same event. It is not permitted for the shared licence be used at other events that are not controlled by the owner of the original licence. 2. A different licence cannot be used to overwrite chess-results.com, unles...
by Michael Flatt
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:11 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: Needing to be ECF member to play in British Championships?
Replies: 28
Views: 8760

Re: Needing to be ECF member to play in British Championships?

But is there something wrong with chess promotion when the ECF can take its annual tournament to a town without a chess club and without plans to use the national event to promote local interest? By my count there will be three other Congresses in Torquay this calendar year, assuming the October/No...
by Michael Flatt
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:50 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: How do I?
Replies: 25
Views: 7530

Re: How do I?

Adam, so I pass them my 15 character installation code (and my user name?), and they can pass themselves off as me? Is that entirely correct? Heinz Herzog is happy with this process? I would suggest that the reason for not sharing information by email is that any editing of the data causes the two ...
by Michael Flatt
Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:42 am
Forum: General Chat
Topic: How do I?
Replies: 25
Views: 7530

Re: How do I?

Email them the file, or share it in the Cloud/Dropbox. So long as you have a licence at the right level, that's fine - it doesn't need to be the same specific licence. Not having the same specific licence might be a barrier to uploading the tournament to web - I enable that setting for security rea...