Search found 72 matches

by Colin Purdon
Sun Aug 10, 2025 10:45 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Chess-Results.com PGN files
Replies: 1
Views: 1368

Re: Chess-Results.com PGN files

Yes, I have seen that when playing through a different game, from the U14 section. I tried a couple of hours later and there was no problem, so I assumed they'd fixed a problem in the PGN file. Having said that, I'm pretty sure I saw the same weird piece configuration in as in your second image, so ...
by Colin Purdon
Wed Jul 16, 2025 4:23 pm
Forum: 4NCL
Topic: 4NCL 2025-26
Replies: 33
Views: 16121

Re: 4NCL 2025-26

Thank you, Roger.
by Colin Purdon
Wed Jul 16, 2025 4:13 pm
Forum: 4NCL
Topic: 4NCL 2025-26
Replies: 33
Views: 16121

Re: 4NCL 2025-26

Will the time controls for the 25/26 season be the same as the 24/25 season, or are there plans to change them?
by Colin Purdon
Mon Apr 28, 2025 1:11 pm
Forum: Rating Debate
Topic: TPR Query
Replies: 13
Views: 8417

Re: TPR Query

There is a reasonable, but not detailed, explanation of different types of TPR calculation methods here: https://www.hirmulintu.fi/juha/chess/en/performance_calculator.shtml (the colour scheme is less reasonable, imho). If you plug in Steven Jones' results into the site, this site agrees with chess-...
by Colin Purdon
Fri Jul 26, 2024 3:51 pm
Forum: Chess History
Topic: Bognor 1968
Replies: 52
Views: 7472

Re: Bognor 1968

SC Love was a member of Eastbourne Chess Club in the early 1970s, and I believe he was a keen congress player.
by Colin Purdon
Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:03 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Building a pgn file
Replies: 5
Views: 1387

Re: Building a pgn file

Clicking the square d8 is supposed to give the pgn of all the games, but it's only doing the same as clicking c8, namely the current game. I think it used to work at some time in the past. One file per round per tournament is manageable. The d8 functionality still works if one pgn4web (or Embed Che...
by Colin Purdon
Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:13 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Building a pgn file
Replies: 5
Views: 1387

Re: Building a pgn file

Each pgn4web board has its pgn sourced as a text string (rather than from a single games database) so I can't see that there's a neat shortcut to get all the games in one go. You could save the html page source (or just the games' pgns, which are close together in the html) and edit out the extraneo...
by Colin Purdon
Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:51 am
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Media comments on chess
Replies: 6642
Views: 1161689

Re: Media comments on chess

I found it not uninteresting, but rather spoilt by Piers' apparent obsession with a certain type of bead, which detracted from any real points he made during the interview.
by Colin Purdon
Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:39 pm
Forum: International News
Topic: Carlsen resigns on move 2
Replies: 1126
Views: 145226

Re: Carlsen resigns on move 2

Stephen Westmoreland wrote: ↑
Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:53 pm
Sounds like it. It will be very interesting to hear the behind the scenes account. I note Hikaru is not mentioned.
Hikaru addresses this in his latest YouTube video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LuyaIUn5WMQ
by Colin Purdon
Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:43 am
Forum: Chess History
Topic: Chess history trivia
Replies: 2596
Views: 319100

Re: Chess history trivia

I believe that I have heard that about Tal.
by Colin Purdon
Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:49 am
Forum: Chess History
Topic: Inspector Baboon
Replies: 9
Views: 1426

Re: Inspector Baboon

"Inspector Baboon of Scotland Yard's Special Fraud Film Director Squad, Jungle Division", no less.
by Colin Purdon
Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:11 am
Forum: General Chat
Topic: The DGT 2500 timer
Replies: 21
Views: 7630

Re: The DGT 2500 timer

Here's an image showing the list of options for the DGT2500 2500-bottom-crop.jpg If you right-click it an open in a new tab its more readable (I downsized it to make it more manageable, the original's better quality). The (rather brief) manual and photos for the device can be downloaded from https:/...
by Colin Purdon
Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:58 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: David Sedgwick health update
Replies: 48
Views: 18091

Re: David Sedgwick health update

Get well soon, David
by Colin Purdon
Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:05 pm
Forum: Rating Debate
Topic: Questions on submitting results via the ECF LMS
Replies: 3
Views: 6286

Re: Questions on submitting results via the ECF LMS

Thank you, I'll add the results to the relevant rounds match card as they come in. The competition is auto-rated, so the submission numbers aren't exposed via the LMS (where I've looked anyway).
by Colin Purdon
Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:49 pm
Forum: Rating Debate
Topic: Questions on submitting results via the ECF LMS
Replies: 3
Views: 6286

Questions on submitting results via the ECF LMS

My club is running a club championship using the ECF's LMS. The tournament runs through throughout the season, with matches played around once a month with players fitting the games in as and when - the point being that matches for a round aren't necessarily played on the same night. My question is:...