Search found 3 matches
- Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:21 pm
- Forum: Rating Debate
- Topic: New ECF grades are now online.
- Replies: 59
- Views: 19664
Re: New ECF grades are now online.
What is the point of any grade if not for seeding purposes? Another point is to allow people to measure performances. Junior grades reflect past performance plus anticipated future improvement. For the purposes of grading their opponents in the next period their ACTUAL performance then replaces thi...
- Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:28 pm
- Forum: Rating Debate
- Topic: New ECF grades are now online.
- Replies: 59
- Views: 19664
Re: New ECF grades are now online.
For ages 11-17 I think it's only a 5 point bonus, which doesn't seem so big to me. I'm sure the players I played went up by more than that on average (including the above example). Why would the bonus' not be included in the calculation anyway? Otherwise the only point of them I can see would be for...
- Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:55 pm
- Forum: Rating Debate
- Topic: New ECF grades are now online.
- Replies: 59
- Views: 19664
Re: New ECF grades are now online.
I've noticed something strange about the grades used for juniors in calculating my grade. For 6 of the 7 juniors I played the grade used in my calculation was lower than BOTH their new Jan-13 and old Jul-12 grade (e.g. Guy Moss increased from 182 to 190 but only counted as 178 when I played him). It...