Search found 3 matches

by r.desmedt
Mon May 04, 2020 6:12 pm
Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
Topic: Tim Crouch
Replies: 16
Views: 6536

Re: Tim Crouch

I was so sorry to hear of the passing of Tim Crouch. I met him all over the country at many different events over the last 20 years. He was always a gentleman and was very pleased to have a chat with anyone. He played, mostly, in the section below me but I do remember that he managed a plus score ag...
by r.desmedt
Mon May 04, 2020 6:01 pm
Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
Topic: Bill Pettigrew 8/2/1927 - 12/1/2020
Replies: 4
Views: 2128

Re: Bill Pettigrew 8/2/1927 - 12/1/2020

I first met Bill In the 1960s when he played on board 2 for the Sheffield Police team in the mid 1960s. I must have played him around 20 times in the next fifteen years and he was always a gentleman. We had some very good games, mostly Kings Gambits if I remember correctly. Our grades moved apart bu...
by r.desmedt
Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: THE MYSTERY OF THE BLACKPOOL MINOR
Replies: 63
Views: 11077

Re: THE MYSTERY OF THE BLACKPOOL MINOR

I would like to support my clubmate Petet Shaw. I have long campaigned for there to be no prize money at all in grade limited tournaments. Several advantages would accrue. 1. Entry fees could be reduced. 2. There would be no incentive for the (very few) players who manipulate their grade to continue...