Search found 62 matches
- Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:03 pm
- Forum: Congress Diary
- Topic: Ilkley Congress - 16-18 September 2022
- Replies: 49
- Views: 9982
Re: Ilkley Congress - 16-18 September 2022
The Open and Major sections are particularly well contested. I trust that the arbiters are aware that the player shown as unrated and bottom seed in the Open has an inactive FIDE rating in excess of 2150 and a previous BCF grade in the 190s. It's particularly dangerous to have a player like that as...
- Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:04 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Membership
- Replies: 12
- Views: 5914
Re: Membership
Collecting an annual fee from participants is not the only way of raising money. Raising money isn't in question here. As for the scheme for those taking out a membership after the 1st of July example, what about those who sign up on 30th June? When you sign up shouldn't have any bearing whatsoever...
- Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:24 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Membership
- Replies: 12
- Views: 5914
Re: Membership
Does anyone know if there are plans to revisit the current ECF membership model? As it stands this is a fixed annual membership from 1st September to 31st August . I genuinely struggle to see the broad upside for our end users, particularly newcomers; anyone signing up for an annual membership shoul...
- Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:24 pm
- Forum: Congress Diary
- Topic: British Championship Congress 2017
- Replies: 156
- Views: 23271
Re: British Championship Congress 2017
Pretty disappointing Championship with both David and Luke taking quick draws with white against Gawain. This just isn't the fighting chess I would expect from anyone who actually wants to win the title!
- Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:45 pm
- Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
- Topic: Simon Woodcock
- Replies: 11
- Views: 3981
Re: Simon Woodcock
So very sad to hear Simon has passed away. It was always a pleasure speaking with him at a number of different events over the years, the first time I met him was at the British Rapidplay in Halifax, I am fairly certain he completely crushed me, that was the only game we played but we spoke many tim...
- Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:31 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Proposed British Chess Championship Qualifying Regulations
- Replies: 225
- Views: 34001
Re: Proposed British Chess Championship Qualifying Regulations
Matthew, were you under the impression you were entitlerd to play in rhe British? I don't think so. I was under no impression, I just wanted clarify my understanding. In summary, my ECF grade is irrelevant with regards to qualifications for the British Championships -- some irony in there somewhere...
- Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:34 am
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Proposed British Chess Championship Qualifying Regulations
- Replies: 225
- Views: 34001
Re: Proposed British Chess Championship Qualifying Regulations
I am not 100% sure but does this mean I become ineligible under the proposed "pre qualification" rules? I am untitled, FIDE: 2225 ECF: 238 Note: I did once finish 3rd= (7½/11) in the Major Open (about 6 years ago) so maybe this would carry over? I would absolutely love to play in the British Champio...
- Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:28 am
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Fantasy Chess Olympiad 2014
- Replies: 21
- Views: 5006
Re: Fantasy Chess Olympiad 2014
You can now enter our Week 2 Sprint competition!!!
As you can view how the players have performed and what strength of opposition they are likely to face over the next few rounds, this competition should be very interesting indeed...
Enter here
Good luck!
As you can view how the players have performed and what strength of opposition they are likely to face over the next few rounds, this competition should be very interesting indeed...
Enter here
Good luck!
- Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:18 am
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Fantasy Chess Olympiad 2014
- Replies: 21
- Views: 5006
Re: Fantasy Chess Olympiad 2014
Hey all, I hope you're all enjoying the Fantasy Chess Olympiad competition as well as the Olympiad itself! For those of you who have missed the start or like me picked a seriously terrible squad(!) we will be running a Week 2 Sprint competition, this will be announced very soon on the home page of t...
- Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:25 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Who will win in Tromso?
- Replies: 57
- Views: 8629
Re: Who will win in Tromso?
Yorkshire Chess are running a free Fantasy Chess Olympiad competition!
Enter here
Rules and Prizes can all be found on the website.
Enjoy
Enter here
Rules and Prizes can all be found on the website.
Enjoy
- Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:07 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Is chess a matter of understanding or memory?
- Replies: 53
- Views: 14751
Re: Is chess a matter of understanding or memory?
Still waiting to see what'll happen when you finally lose a game :) I will retire immediately and protect my superficial rating of course :-) In all honesty though I've had quite a big chunk of luck throughout the season, I blundered a whole piece in the last match of the Bradford League against Ke...
- Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:58 am
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Is chess a matter of understanding or memory?
- Replies: 53
- Views: 14751
Re: Is chess a matter of understanding or memory?
Limits are often self imposed by lack of confidence. I absolutely agree with this statement. My own approach to chess in the last 2 years has been completely different to that of the previous 10, confidence has played a huge part in this; my focus, my vision for creative ideas and my overall desire...
- Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:03 am
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: British Championship 2014 Schedule
- Replies: 124
- Views: 23014
Re: British Championship 2014 Schedule
Okay that makes sense! In which case Mickey, Nigel, Matthew and Gawain should all be playing if the ECF are making such allowances for them
haha
haha
- Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:44 am
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: British Championship 2014 Schedule
- Replies: 124
- Views: 23014
British Championship 2014 Schedule
Hi, I've just been looking at the British Championships schedule (contemplating a late entry), can anyone tell me why the main championship is running so differently this year to previous? Does the new British Champion really have to wait three days for the prize giving? If the current favourite Dav...
- Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:11 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: 2013 British Chess Championships (Torquay)
- Replies: 777
- Views: 71285
Re: 2013 British Chess Championships (Torquay)
Hi all,
Due to the immense speed with which the organisers are publishing the next round pairings means we are also ready with the Round 3 prediction competition!
Make your predictions for Round 3
Matt
Due to the immense speed with which the organisers are publishing the next round pairings means we are also ready with the Round 3 prediction competition!
Make your predictions for Round 3
Matt