Search found 4 matches

by John Hipshon
Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:46 am
Forum: Junior Chess
Topic: The North South Divide (?)
Replies: 52
Views: 8009

Re: The North South Divide (?)

Also can I say sensible comments from Julian.
I noticed the UK Chess Challenge had 52000 entries last year. In 2010 the number was 68000. That is a large % drop, and is since chess in schools came in.
Something is not working here?
by John Hipshon
Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:38 am
Forum: Junior Chess
Topic: The North South Divide (?)
Replies: 52
Views: 8009

Re: The North South Divide (?)

I can only speak for Yorkshire, where I run junior events and my own junior club. As a previous chess parent, the North South divide has always been noticeable in that Yorkshire has been under represented at a national level in both girls and boys events. Yorkshire went through a particularly strong...
by John Hipshon
Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:58 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Charlie Storey for new ECF President
Replies: 80
Views: 15431

Re: Charlie Storey for new ECF President

Point 9 is just rediculous.
by John Hipshon
Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:18 am
Forum: General Chat
Topic: CJ Banned?
Replies: 441
Views: 89030

Re: CJ Banned?

He wore the T shirt on Friday when I was there. I was more concerned by the fact that, for the second time this week my daughter's game was the last to finish in the morning and there wasn't an arbiter in sight as they went into the time scramble - obviously far to busy to do what arbiters are suppo...