I just wanted to publicise a recent article I wrote for beginner players looking to improve their range of openings; http://chesstutor.co.uk/chess-tips-2/ch ... epertoire/
Thanks,
Alex
Search found 7 matches
- Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:24 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: 'Chess Tips For Beginners; Building An Opening Repertoire
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1218
- Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:04 pm
- Forum: Adverts
- Topic: FIDE Master chess coaching
- Replies: 11
- Views: 3342
Re: FIDE Master chess coaching
Thanks Geoff, very helpful. I'll try to sort it out.
- Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:19 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Can I 1800 become a GM or is it to late?
- Replies: 103
- Views: 10609
Re: Can I 1800 become a GM or is it to late?
realistically Matt, the chances of you making GM now are stacked against you. I was 2050 at your age, and even though im almost 2300 now. i still feel a million miles away from GM level, i have had my fair share of results against them. but you have to also have a certain amount of talent, money, m...
- Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:05 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Where does Anand sit in the list of World Champions?
- Replies: 102
- Views: 9546
Re: Where does Anand sit in the list of World Champions?
I think it depends on what you mean by this question. If the question is about strength, Anand is very high up the list. The level of chess has improved so dramatically over the last 20 years, that, in my view, a list of the strongest players of all time would be dominated by players of the modern g...
- Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:57 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: New Longplay twice yearly grading...good or bad
- Replies: 172
- Views: 19733
Re: New Longplay twice yearly grading...good or bad
There are plenty of technical issues posters have raised in this topic, which are perfectly valid, but essentially I'm in favour of half-yearly grading lists. If you can iron out the kinks, I believe it makes sense to have regular grading lists, particularly for juniors whose grades can change so ra...
- Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:03 pm
- Forum: Adverts
- Topic: FIDE Master chess coaching
- Replies: 11
- Views: 3342
FIDE Master chess coaching
Hi, I am a FIDE Master and chess coach with more than 5 years' teaching experience, and am always interested in speaking to new students. I offer coaching online and in person in the Sussex area, and have a website, which contains articles for players of different levels, as well as blog postings ab...
- Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:54 am
- Forum: Links
- Topic: FIDE Master Chess Tutor
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2217
FIDE Master Chess Tutor
Hi guys,
I have recently launched my new website offering chess coaching services, online and in the Sussex area.
I am a FIDE Master and have over 5 years experience in chess coaching, having worked with a variety of players. You can contact me here, or on the site;
http://chesstutor.co.uk
I have recently launched my new website offering chess coaching services, online and in the Sussex area.
I am a FIDE Master and have over 5 years experience in chess coaching, having worked with a variety of players. You can contact me here, or on the site;
http://chesstutor.co.uk