Search found 1095 matches

by Keith Arkell
Tue Sep 29, 2026 10:06 pm
Forum: International News
Topic: 2026 Chess Olympiad
Replies: 646
Views: 26198

Re: 2026 Chess Olympiad

Monika Ashbrooke of Jersey scored a half a point more than the requirement of 6/9 for the WFM qualification. I think this means that she requires a rating of 1900+ for the title, rather than the normal 2100.
by Keith Arkell
Fri Sep 25, 2026 3:48 pm
Forum: International News
Topic: 2026 Chess Olympiad
Replies: 646
Views: 26198

Re: 2026 Chess Olympiad

I presume this was a typo by Nick Faulks, and he meant to to write 'so he was merely using words 𝒊𝒏accurately. A bad habit, in my opinion'. Is this a serious post or am I missing a joke? Yes, entirely serious. I’m intrigued by your definition of “professional”. Are you seriously suggesting that Mic...
by Keith Arkell
Thu Sep 24, 2026 7:43 pm
Forum: International News
Topic: 2026 Chess Olympiad
Replies: 646
Views: 26198

Re: 2026 Chess Olympiad

I don't mean Vitiugov any disrespect, despite that he called his team mates a bunch of amateurs recently. Including himself. A professional is someone who makes their living playing chess, an amateur is someone who doesn't, so he was merely using words accurately. Not a bad habit, in my opinion. I ...
by Keith Arkell
Wed Sep 23, 2026 5:33 pm
Forum: International News
Topic: 2026 Chess Olympiad
Replies: 646
Views: 26198

Re: 2026 Chess Olympiad

Hi Mick, Yes, especially Dan - as this could be the pivotal game: I feel that the result of this game will be the result of the match. Dan has oodles of talent and he will have been revelling at this wonderful opportunity. Cometh the hour cometh the man! Great fight by Dan and he was not without hi...
by Keith Arkell
Wed Sep 23, 2026 4:22 pm
Forum: International News
Topic: 2026 Chess Olympiad
Replies: 646
Views: 26198

Re: 2026 Chess Olympiad

Christopher Kreuzer wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 23, 2026 4:10 pm
. Let's support everyone.
Yes, let's support everyone.
by Keith Arkell
Wed Sep 23, 2026 4:11 pm
Forum: International News
Topic: 2026 Chess Olympiad
Replies: 646
Views: 26198

Re: 2026 Chess Olympiad

In the end it was very much an up and down game, but I stand by the generalisation that he is excellent in wild games.
by Keith Arkell
Wed Sep 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Forum: International News
Topic: 2026 Chess Olympiad
Replies: 646
Views: 26198

Re: 2026 Chess Olympiad

Hi Mick, Yes, especially Dan - as this could be the pivotal game: I feel that the result of this game will be the result of the match. Dan has oodles of talent and he will have been revelling at this wonderful opportunity. Cometh the hour cometh the man! Hi Keith, hope you're well I assume India ar...
by Keith Arkell
Wed Sep 23, 2026 3:50 pm
Forum: International News
Topic: 2026 Chess Olympiad
Replies: 646
Views: 26198

Re: 2026 Chess Olympiad

Meanwhile Dan fights back from -6. He is the bees knees in crazy situations like these!
by Keith Arkell
Wed Sep 23, 2026 3:48 pm
Forum: International News
Topic: 2026 Chess Olympiad
Replies: 646
Views: 26198

Re: 2026 Chess Olympiad

JustinHorton wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 23, 2026 2:58 pm
How do you fancy Bodhana's ending, Keith
Hi Justin, sorry only just saw this, but lovely to see that once again she is now doing the biz :arrow:
by Keith Arkell
Wed Sep 23, 2026 3:45 pm
Forum: International News
Topic: 2026 Chess Olympiad
Replies: 646
Views: 26198

Re: 2026 Chess Olympiad

I was really looking forward to India v England today. But David Howell, of whom I am a massive fan, just summed up the reality of the situation: ''I was really disappointed in Michael Adams that he took a draw 5 minutes after Pragg won. I mean come on, your team still need you - you're in a positio...
by Keith Arkell
Wed Sep 23, 2026 2:52 pm
Forum: International News
Topic: 2026 Chess Olympiad
Replies: 646
Views: 26198

Re: 2026 Chess Olympiad

Hi Mick, Yes, especially Dan - as this could be the pivotal game: I feel that the result of this game will be the result of the match. Dan has oodles of talent and he will have been revelling at this wonderful opportunity. Cometh the hour cometh the man! Hi Keith, hope you're well I assume India ar...
by Keith Arkell
Wed Sep 23, 2026 11:29 am
Forum: International News
Topic: 2026 Chess Olympiad
Replies: 646
Views: 26198

Re: 2026 Chess Olympiad

Hi Mick, Yes, especially Dan - as this could be the pivotal game: I feel that the result of this game will be the result of the match. Dan has oodles of talent and he will have been revelling at this wonderful opportunity. Cometh the hour cometh the man!
by Keith Arkell
Fri Sep 18, 2026 3:53 pm
Forum: International News
Topic: 2026 Chess Olympiad
Replies: 646
Views: 26198

Re: 2026 Chess Olympiad

The idea would be to then put the R on b2 and K on the b file and start pushing the c pawn.
by Keith Arkell
Fri Sep 18, 2026 3:45 pm
Forum: International News
Topic: 2026 Chess Olympiad
Replies: 646
Views: 26198

Re: 2026 Chess Olympiad

I think Daniel’s only chance is if he can somehow find a way of checking on the e file and bringing his R to e2. Sometimes those positions can be winning.
by Keith Arkell
Sun Sep 13, 2026 12:00 pm
Forum: Congress Results
Topic: ALL results of K. Arkell.
Replies: 3
Views: 3636

Re: ALL results of K. Arkell.

Hi Phil, I loved it! Nice location at the seafront, and I had a splendid apartment nearby. I think it was just chance that there weren't many English playing this year, and I'd expect numbers to be back up next year.