Search found 12 matches

by Anthony.Ibbitson
Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:29 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Offering a draw to a deaf player
Replies: 28
Views: 4679

Re: Offering a draw to a deaf player

Do both players need to record a draw offer?

I've always recorded a draw offer(by entering '=', next to my move), whether it's from myself 'or' my opponent. I've never known whether I've needed to record a draw offer, offered to me, from my opponent.

Thanks
Tony.
by Anthony.Ibbitson
Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:03 pm
Forum: Rating Debate
Topic: ELO vs ECF grading systems
Replies: 53
Views: 13273

Re: ELO vs ECF grading systems

Oh my goodness!!! I'm going to leave these morons to fight it out, good job someone has the sense to leave them to it!
by Anthony.Ibbitson
Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:59 pm
Forum: Rating Debate
Topic: ELO vs ECF grading systems
Replies: 53
Views: 13273

Re: ELO vs ECF grading systems

Haha! You have a point.
by Anthony.Ibbitson
Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:48 pm
Forum: Rating Debate
Topic: ELO vs ECF grading systems
Replies: 53
Views: 13273

Re: ELO vs ECF grading systems

Simon, just let him have his last word as he so wishes. You're better than that, mate :D
by Anthony.Ibbitson
Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:23 pm
Forum: Rating Debate
Topic: New ECF grades are now online.
Replies: 59
Views: 19699

Re: New ECF grades are now online.

Well done Simon for hitting 140! That's the mark I was hoping to reach, I'm going to push hard for 150 next season instead!
by Anthony.Ibbitson
Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:12 pm
Forum: Rating Debate
Topic: New ECF grades are now online.
Replies: 59
Views: 19699

Re: New ECF grades are now online.

Since the gradings were inflated in 2009, does anyone know what is the correct converstion to translate from ECF to ELO? I'm assuming that the 2009 conversion is out of date?
by Anthony.Ibbitson
Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:22 pm
Forum: Rating Debate
Topic: 2010/ 11 grades
Replies: 32
Views: 8067

Re: 2010/ 11 grades

Hmm... I gathered what was going on. Just didn't see the point in stupid games, that's all!
by Anthony.Ibbitson
Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:25 pm
Forum: Rating Debate
Topic: 2010/ 11 grades
Replies: 32
Views: 8067

Re: 2010/ 11 grades

Yeah 133, what's that?
by Anthony.Ibbitson
Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:15 pm
Forum: Rating Debate
Topic: 2010/ 11 grades
Replies: 32
Views: 8067

Re: 2010/ 11 grades

I doubt mine will be much higher than it is now. I'm only expecting a 6 point increase :(
by Anthony.Ibbitson
Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:54 pm
Forum: Rating Debate
Topic: 2010/ 11 grades
Replies: 32
Views: 8067

Re: 2010/ 11 grades

Carl Hibbard wrote:Sunday at 13:03
13.03? That's a strange time, are you taking the mick? lol!
by Anthony.Ibbitson
Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:27 pm
Forum: Rating Debate
Topic: 2010/ 11 grades
Replies: 32
Views: 8067

2010/ 11 grades

I heard that the 2010/ 11 grades are due out tomorrow, is there any truth in this?

Tony
Leeds Chess Club
by Anthony.Ibbitson
Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:47 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: New chess video channel on Youtube.
Replies: 0
Views: 562

New chess video channel on Youtube.

Hi folks My name is Tony and I play for and run Leeds Chess Club, I am also the club webmaster. I have recently started a Youtube chess channel that contains chess lessons, opening, middlegame & endgame. It contains OTB games that I have annotated and also blitz/ bullet games with live commentary. T...