Search found 52 matches
- Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:55 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Media comments on chess
- Replies: 6636
- Views: 1158012
Re: Media comments on chess
Neill - I just finished reading that in my Echo.
- Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:42 am
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Chess DB
- Replies: 53
- Views: 7239
- Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:01 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Chess on TV (Warning: X Factor)
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2283
Re: Chess on TV (Warning: X Factor)
Well apparently he's just been voted off.
I can't work out if this is good or bad for chess.
I can't work out if this is good or bad for chess.
- Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:36 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Chess on TV (Warning: X Factor)
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2283
Re: Chess on TV (Warning: X Factor)
Yes, David, I was grateful they had 64 squares...
I didn't like that song much when ABBA did it, never mind Rylan.
I didn't like that song much when ABBA did it, never mind Rylan.
- Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:46 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Chess on TV (Warning: X Factor)
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2283
Re: Chess on TV (Warning: X Factor)
PS - I don't actually WATCH the X Factor of course. Just heard about it from a friend 
- Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:57 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Chess on TV (Warning: X Factor)
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2283
Chess on TV (Warning: X Factor)
http://xfactor.itv.com/2012/videos/live ... 200994.htm
Not sure if this is going to help our desire for publicity.
Warning - those of a sensitive disposition may wish to avoid...
Not sure if this is going to help our desire for publicity.
Warning - those of a sensitive disposition may wish to avoid...
- Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:56 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: 24 Hour Chess Marathon
- Replies: 42
- Views: 7252
Re: 24 Hour Chess Marathon
Agreed, good luck Matt! All in a good cause, ladies and gentlemen... 
- Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:57 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Kasparov Simul New York London - Photo
- Replies: 15
- Views: 3862
Re: Kasparov Simul New York London - Photo
Stewart - thank you so much for those memories. I am friends with Sophia on Facebook and also remember Jamie. You must have worked with her a lot over the years, she was at Lloyds Bank Masters every time I think. I can remember asking her (and you) for tickets to the last night party. Gary said Lond...
- Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:07 am
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Kasparov Simul New York London - Photo
- Replies: 15
- Views: 3862
Re: Kasparov Simul New York London - Photo
Just heard back from Gary: this was the New York match. Five players in London and 5 in the USA via video conferencing.
- Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:45 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Kasparov Simul New York London - Photo
- Replies: 15
- Views: 3862
Re: Kasparov Simul New York London - Photo
Roger - I think Gary said it was versus the USA so would be the NY London satellite simul .
- Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:41 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Kasparov Simul New York London - Photo
- Replies: 15
- Views: 3862
Re: Kasparov Simul New York London - Photo
Simon! Hello!
Yes it does look like Malcolm.
I shall see if Gary can shed any more light on who why what...
Yes it does look like Malcolm.
I shall see if Gary can shed any more light on who why what...
- Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:36 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Kasparov Simul New York London - Photo
- Replies: 15
- Views: 3862
Re: Kasparov Simul New York London - Photo
I recognise the two behind Kasparov - is one of them Dimitri Agnos??
- Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:48 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Kasparov Simul New York London - Photo
- Replies: 15
- Views: 3862
Re: Kasparov Simul New York London - Photo
Stuart Conquest is behind Gary.
- Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:20 am
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Junior squad/Kasparov simul in 1986
- Replies: 137
- Views: 33236
Re: Junior squad/Kasparov simul in 1986
Thanks Stewart - he really was an amazing influence. We did a tour of Denmark with Westergate school, and went to Germany for the European Girls. I recall the brilliant ARC tournaments were held at Westergate, as was the World Girls Under 16 in 1981, won by a 12 year old Zsuzsa Polgar (who wanted to...
- Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:09 am
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Kasparov Simul New York London - Photo
- Replies: 15
- Views: 3862
Kasparov Simul New York London - Photo
Gary Lane (pictured here partly obscured on the right) sent me this picture of the Kasparov Simul - this was taken in Limehouse Studios. I can see Neil Carr and Pete Wells, Eric Schiller too - any other ideas anyone?
They were all discussing the games via video link.
They were all discussing the games via video link.