Search found 117 matches

by David Brock
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:41 pm
Forum: International News
Topic: World Teams 2019
Replies: 327
Views: 40523

Re: World Teams 2019

Well done England a Great Result -Played very Well and only blip on the card was the loss to China. However they outgraded us on every board so was not unexpected. If Mickey had been on form we may have even won it.
by David Brock
Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:10 pm
Forum: Rating Debate
Topic: Problems Accessing the ECF Grading Database?
Replies: 135
Views: 34475

Re: Problems Accessing the ECF Grading Database?

The New grades are now out and updated on system. However there is still a 500 code error on some pages but you just have to refresh the page and it then works (for some reason). However the games which go with the new grades are not working at the moment probably due to the amount of data that has ...
by David Brock
Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:59 am
Forum: Rating Debate
Topic: Problems Accessing the ECF Grading Database?
Replies: 135
Views: 34475

Re: Problem accessing ECF Grading Database

Okay Richard I understand its an error but when is the new grading list coming out as I understand its imminent.

Thanks
by David Brock
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:32 am
Forum: General Chat
Topic: CJ Banned?
Replies: 441
Views: 88373

Re: CJ Banned?

I have not read all of the comments on here so apologies if someone else has said this already. But here goes Who the hell is laura barnes ? She may be chief arbiter but she should keep herself to chess matters not what someone wears at a presentation. Who gave her the right to make that decision an...
by David Brock
Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:11 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: BRITISH CHESS CHAMPIONSHIPS - THE GAMES
Replies: 1360
Views: 109088

Re: BRITISH CHESS CHAMPIONSHIPS - THE GAMES

Can anyone tell Andrew there is no sound on his broadcast for internet viewers- lose connection it would seem
by David Brock
Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:59 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: BRITISH CHESS CHAMPIONSHIPS - THE GAMES
Replies: 1360
Views: 109088

Re: BRITISH CHESS CHAMPIONSHIPS - THE GAMES

yep I know they are brothers but after 9 moves couldn't they at least try a little bit harder!!!! Why? With the higher rated brother being black and five rounds still to go it seemed to make sense for both of them. Loz hi surely Short Howell could have said that yesterday or Adams Howell today. I t...
by David Brock
Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:50 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: BRITISH CHESS CHAMPIONSHIPS - THE GAMES
Replies: 1360
Views: 109088

Re: BRITISH CHESS CHAMPIONSHIPS - THE GAMES

Has Charlie Storey done a runner or was it a planned bye today?
by David Brock
Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:49 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: BRITISH CHESS CHAMPIONSHIPS - THE GAMES
Replies: 1360
Views: 109088

Re: BRITISH CHESS CHAMPIONSHIPS - THE GAMES

How do i get boards 7-14 games please
by David Brock
Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:44 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: BRITISH CHESS CHAMPIONSHIPS - THE GAMES
Replies: 1360
Views: 109088

Re: BRITISH CHESS CHAMPIONSHIPS - THE GAMES

yep I know they are brothers but after 9 moves couldn't they at least try a little bit harder!!!!
by David Brock
Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:56 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: BRITISH CHESS CHAMPIONSHIPS - THE GAMES
Replies: 1360
Views: 109088

Re: BRITISH CHESS CHAMPIONSHIPS - THE GAMES

Can anyone else tell me has their previously been a Mum and Son or Father and Son both playing in the British Champs before or is this a first. Especially as both started off with a win. That would be a great pairing later on if they have to play each other!!! Good luck to both of them and I do beli...
by David Brock
Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:20 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: ENG FIDE Ratings must be ECF Members
Replies: 319
Views: 34576

Re: ENG FIDE Ratings must be ECF Members

I have Sorted it out I now represent Nigeria for FIDE events !!!!!
by David Brock
Tue May 31, 2011 9:03 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: The ECF President
Replies: 57
Views: 12131

Re: The ECF President

Sorry Alan but all credibility went out of the window when you started harking on about Birmingham as a venue for the WCC Finals. Having been to Birmingham on numerous occasions through the years -I'm afraid to say apart from a few places its a dump. If you are going to have it anywhere it has to be...
by David Brock
Mon May 30, 2011 3:46 pm
Forum: International News
Topic: e2e4.org.uk Sunningdale Open
Replies: 112
Views: 15293

Re: e2e4.org.uk Sunningdale Open

Sean out of interest why has Colin Crouch got two 1/2 point = in round 4 and 6 is this normal?
by David Brock
Sun May 29, 2011 9:01 pm
Forum: International News
Topic: e2e4.org.uk Sunningdale Open
Replies: 112
Views: 15293

Re: e2e4.org.uk Sunningdale Open

John I think that you are twisiting my words slightly as i think you know i was talking about DGT boards. Do they not transmit the moves played to a computer which could then send the information (i.e the moves) to another Computer. Therefore I assumed that this information could be sent in bulk by ...
by David Brock
Sun May 29, 2011 7:34 pm
Forum: International News
Topic: e2e4.org.uk Sunningdale Open
Replies: 112
Views: 15293

Re: e2e4.org.uk Sunningdale Open

Guys I take your point but at least my comments have raised the debate. As I see it the guys that make the DGT Board are ripping off the normal chess player as I am sure they could charge half of that and still make a tidy profit. The only problem is that until a competitor comes along and offers an...