Search found 6 matches
- Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:19 pm
- Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
- Topic: Greg Tebble
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1254
Greg Tebble
Sadly I have to advise that Greg Tebble passed away on Thursday 1th August. He was a long time member of Norwich Dons Chess Club. a former Chairman of Norfolk County Chess Association and the Treasurer. He was a regular attender of Congresses outside Norfolk and may be known to some outside Norfolk....
- Sun May 08, 2011 8:19 am
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Player of the Year
- Replies: 109
- Views: 11731
Re: Player of the Year
The poll will be withdrawn and a new process set up tomorrow. I hold my hands up to trusting in the honesty of chess players and being naive in this. I had not expected people to multi vote as happened. Turning to Leonard Barden's comments can I just say that the list was not intended to be a short ...
- Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:06 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: ECF web site of the year
- Replies: 26
- Views: 5124
Re: ECF web site of the year
Brent,
Thanks for your feedback. I will try and explain the committees thinking a bit more when announcing the awards this year.
It is not our intention to shroud things in secrecy. I can tell you that we weigh up all the nominations and judge them fairly.
John
Thanks for your feedback. I will try and explain the committees thinking a bit more when announcing the awards this year.
It is not our intention to shroud things in secrecy. I can tell you that we weigh up all the nominations and judge them fairly.
John
- Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:46 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: ECF web site of the year
- Replies: 26
- Views: 5124
Re: ECF web site of the year
I have written to John to explain why I expressed the opinion that a forum is not a website for the purposes of the ECF Chess Website of the year award. My latest response which, I hope, clarifies the position was as follows: "Having thought a bit more about this I feel that I should explain why I f...
- Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:22 am
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Resignation Rumours
- Replies: 259
- Views: 44552
Re: Resignation Rumours
There should be an anoouncement shortly on this. I was not at the meeting on Saturday and am trying to catch up.
- Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:07 pm
- Forum: Congress Diary
- Topic: Great Yarmouth Chess Congress 26/27 April
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1384
Great Yarmouth Chess Congress 26/27 April
At the Great Yarmouth College, same venue as last years British Championships. 5 Round swiss, 4 sections. Contact John Wickham [email protected] or 01603 861140 for entry form.