Search found 7 matches

by Ian Hunnable
Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:58 pm
Forum: International News
Topic: Southend
Replies: 59
Views: 9622

Re: Southend

I am the Arbiter running the Southend Congress and can answer the questions posed. I am using Tournament Director set for FIDE pairings for the FIDE-rated Open and have downloaded the FIDE rating list into TD. There are in fact five Swiss pairing systems authorised by FIDE, see: http://www.fide.com/...
by Ian Hunnable
Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:56 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: AN ATHENAEUM OF A RULE CHANGE
Replies: 77
Views: 8935

Re: AN ATHENAEUM OF A RULE CHANGE

The problem here is that the chairman's deciding vote appears to have been thought to have been cast not in the interests of the organisation but in the interests of the chairman's club. This is always going to be a difficulty of course but the *real* problem, I suspect, that in this case there isn...
by Ian Hunnable
Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:53 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: AN ATHENAEUM OF A RULE CHANGE
Replies: 77
Views: 8935

Re: AN ATHENAEUM OF A RULE CHANGE

Paul - I have no knowledge of the events you describe so I cannot comment.

Ian
by Ian Hunnable
Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:38 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: AN ATHENAEUM OF A RULE CHANGE
Replies: 77
Views: 8935

Re: AN ATHENAEUM OF A RULE CHANGE

I am minded to boycott the London League: if a small clique controlling the agenda and bankrolling one of the clubs wishes to reduce the quality of play at the venue of another of its affiliated clubs, I have to say that it presents itself in a bad light. Paul, I don't think this remark is worthy o...
by Ian Hunnable
Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:18 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: AN ATHENAEUM OF A RULE CHANGE
Replies: 77
Views: 8935

Re: AN ATHENAEUM OF A RULE CHANGE

I am appalled by all those who voted for this particular rule. Athenaeum don't need this rule, do they - can other Clubs now ask for special rules which their members would quite like? It is made all the worse that individual players cannot object, only whole teams.! Jonathan, I am afraid you seem ...
by Ian Hunnable
Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:05 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: British Championship 1964 and others R. Fuller
Replies: 12
Views: 2621

Re: British Championship 1964 and others R. Fuller

... perhaps Ian Hunnable or David Sedgwick could help ?? I can't, unfortunately. I'll send Ian Hunnable a link to the thread. Alas, I don't think I can help. The Insurance Chess Club is rich in archive material concerning the Club's administrative affairs, but players' game scores for that period a...
by Ian Hunnable
Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:44 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: AN ATHENAEUM OF A RULE CHANGE
Replies: 77
Views: 8935

Re: AN ATHENAEUM OF A RULE CHANGE

"So next season, but only for games at Endell Street, games will default to 3½ hour sessions." This is entirely wrong and misses the point completely. The 3½ hour session at Athenaeum is what was in place BEFORE this rule change. Athenaeum offered, of their own volition, to accept a 3 hr 5 min se...