Search found 12 matches
- Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:47 pm
- Forum: Congress Diary
- Topic: 2011 Tradewise Gibraltar Chess Festival
- Replies: 15
- Views: 5011
Re: 2011 Tradewise Gibraltar Chess Festival
There is definitely a good number of non-youthful players who do play both. Certainly, most of the top finishers in the Challengers will play the Masters too - and they are not all kids either (except the Norwegians of course!). Thanks Sean, playing in both certainly now sounds a viable option for ...
- Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:15 am
- Forum: Congress Diary
- Topic: 2011 Tradewise Gibraltar Chess Festival
- Replies: 15
- Views: 5011
Re: 2011 Tradewise Gibraltar Chess Festival
A lot of people play both the Masters and the two Challengers events in Gibraltar. You can check out the 2010 results here: http://www.gibraltarchesscongress.com/gib2010/results/index.html I haven't done the arithmetic (being rather busy at the moment) but perhaps someone else can work out how many...
- Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:57 am
- Forum: Congress Diary
- Topic: 2011 Tradewise Gibraltar Chess Festival
- Replies: 15
- Views: 5011
Gib - play in masters AND challengers?
The entry list and events look very impressive. I was wondering about how many players double-up their playing commitment by entering the Masters AND the Challengers events? 20 games over 11 days is not a schedule I've done before - has anyone on the forum done this? it sounds appealing in a challen...
- Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:23 pm
- Forum: Rating Debate
- Topic: getting an ECF rating as a non-resident?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2573
Re: getting an ECF rating as a non-resident?
Hi Roger and Sean, my thanks to you both for your responses, all sounds very positive and I'm glad to have posted my question in this forum! Thanks again, cheers, kevin
- Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:06 pm
- Forum: Online Grading Database
- Topic: Problem accessing dbase
- Replies: 11
- Views: 24754
Re: Problem accessing dbase
[/quote]I provide that site, so why you can get to here but not there I am not sure - try this as I am keen to find out why: http://grading.bcfservices.org.uk/ http://rs3.blueapricot.com/ http://testgrading.bcfservices.org.uk/ Which of these 3 work directly?[/quote] Hi Carl The first two sites repli...
- Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:07 am
- Forum: Rating Debate
- Topic: getting an ECF rating as a non-resident?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2573
Re: getting an ECF rating as a non-resident?
Many thanks Alex - I have dual nationality so some restrictions may be overcome though my playing standard is only club level and I'd be looking at 'standard' congresses mainly. I expect I would need to be a member or otherwise affiliated with the ECF as far as getting a rating goes. Or might this b...
- Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:35 am
- Forum: Online Grading Database
- Topic: Problem accessing dbase
- Replies: 11
- Views: 24754
Re: Problem accessing dbase
I used a third-party site that gives a UK proxy ID and this worked immediately. That does not make a lot of sense to be honest as there is no restrictions on use of the web site from anywhere, so it must be some sort of local issue at your end? Hard to test from here of course :!: Yes I agree it's ...
- Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:36 am
- Forum: Rating Debate
- Topic: getting an ECF rating as a non-resident?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2573
Re: getting an ECF rating as a non-resident?
Thanks! But if you need a rating similar to Mr Svidler then I will just quietly remove myself now! Despite being a very modest cricketer (in my time) I would certainly have more chance now matching Mr Svidler with leather and willow than I ever would over the board!
- Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:26 am
- Forum: Online Grading Database
- Topic: Problem accessing dbase
- Replies: 11
- Views: 24754
Re: Problem accessing dbase
Hi Carl many thanks for the follow-ups. firstly I have managed to gain access - I used a third-party site that gives a UK proxy ID and this worked immediately. Now I don't know whether that means I would continue to have trouble accessing from outside the UK but it does show that if anyone has a sim...
- Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:56 am
- Forum: Rating Debate
- Topic: getting an ECF rating as a non-resident?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2573
getting an ECF rating as a non-resident?
It might prove to be neither possible nor practical for me to try to get an ECF rating but I would welcome peoples' thoughts/advice on the matter. I live in Australia and because of expected regular travel to the UK I'm planning on playing 1-2 week end congresses in England per year for the next 3-5...
- Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:30 am
- Forum: Online Grading Database
- Topic: Problem accessing dbase
- Replies: 11
- Views: 24754
Re: Problem accessing dbase
Many thanks for the reply and info James - yes that's the site (I meant to put a link in my post but forgot) - I still can't access so it must be me - I'll investigate - I'm located in Australia but I can't imagine that would create problems of access. thanks again, kevin
- Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:59 am
- Forum: Online Grading Database
- Topic: Problem accessing dbase
- Replies: 11
- Views: 24754
Problem accessing dbase
I've tried with Firefox and I.E. last few days but can't get anything ("problem loading page" message) - is it me or the site?
cheers
cheers