here the list for october and i do think they got it right
https://ratings.fide.com/rankings.phtml?country=ENG
Search found 762 matches
- Wed Sep 30, 2026 1:47 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Questions on ECF Team Selection
- Replies: 96
- Views: 7864
- Wed Sep 30, 2026 12:38 pm
- Forum: International News
- Topic: FIDE Presidential Election
- Replies: 64
- Views: 12196
Re: FIDE Presidential Election
I wonder if Malcolm will give a report to us maybe at the ECF AGM or before hand like a statement to the ECF Webpage This is the report he prepared for last year's meeting which was posted on the website, https://www.englishchess.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2025/10/C43.6f-International-Report.pdf Per...
- Wed Sep 30, 2026 12:36 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Mental Health
- Replies: 2
- Views: 808
Re: Mental Health
I contacted the ECF to seek their views and shared the information below. "Over the past couple of years, I have faced some significant challenges which have had a serious impact on my mental health. More recently, I found the Gold Representative election process particularly difficult. During that ...
- Wed Sep 30, 2026 12:16 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Questions on ECF Team Selection
- Replies: 96
- Views: 7864
Re: Questions on ECF Team Selection
In terms of criteria this may be selfish of my but as a fan and a spectator I think it could be made much more exciting for the average ecf member. Personally if I could see tournaments happening where I knew the winner would qualify for the team, and team members would gradually qualify throughout...
- Wed Sep 30, 2026 12:12 pm
- Forum: International News
- Topic: FIDE Presidential Election
- Replies: 64
- Views: 12196
Re: FIDE Presidential Election
I wonder if Malcolm will give a report to us maybe at the ECF AGM or before hand like a statement to the ECF Webpage
- Wed Sep 16, 2026 4:31 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: ECF AGM 14th November 2026
- Replies: 0
- Views: 210
ECF AGM 14th November 2026
Nominations are invited for the positions detailed below, which will be the subject of elections to be held at the Annual General Meeting on 14th November 2026. Posts due for election are listed below together with the intentions of the current holders regarding re-standing. Members of the Board Hom...
- Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:54 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Questions on ECF Team Selection
- Replies: 96
- Views: 7864
Re: Questions on ECF Team Selection
"I don't think this has happened with the Open and Women's teams. I suspect selection of the Senior teams is more open-ended given that the "amateur" but wealthy players can assist with the financing." I suspect Junior selection is somewhat murky as well. I have heard several reports of people volu...
- Sun Sep 13, 2026 9:03 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Questions on ECF Team Selection
- Replies: 96
- Views: 7864
Re: Questions on ECF Team Selection
Personally if we go down the selection committee route (like present) it is best to be confidential; players missing out just have to accept the decision Just look at selection for the England football for the World Cup, this was Tuchel's squad and his choices, he technically doesn't need to explai...
- Thu Sep 10, 2026 12:55 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Questions on ECF Team Selection
- Replies: 96
- Views: 7864
Re: Questions on ECF Team Selection
Just to clarify, my comment was not aimed at any specific person, and I did not mention anyone by name. My point was simply that people are not always exactly as they appear in photographs these days. I agree with Alex H. At the end of the day, a team has to be selected before the British Championsh...
- Fri Sep 04, 2026 1:47 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Questions on ECF Team Selection
- Replies: 96
- Views: 7864
Re: Questions on ECF Team Selection
I reckon Nigel Povah is probably the best person to ask. I put 'top 10 chess players over 50 in England' into AI and this was the list it came up with. Mind you, some people use AI on their photos these days, so they don't always look their age!" (have a look at the board and officers on the ecf pag...
- Fri Sep 04, 2026 12:10 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Help Strengthen the ECF's IT Team
- Replies: 8
- Views: 690
Re: Help Strengthen the ECF's IT Team
i do want to know how many people here are skills enough to do the role?
i know my skills set is not that but i am interested who is good enough?
I know someone like Gavin Cartwright was very good and also was a excellent Gold rep when i worked with him, Julian and Deema.
i know my skills set is not that but i am interested who is good enough?
I know someone like Gavin Cartwright was very good and also was a excellent Gold rep when i worked with him, Julian and Deema.
- Thu Aug 13, 2026 2:39 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Election of Direct Members' Representatives
- Replies: 162
- Views: 19708
Re: Election of Direct Members' Representatives
"If there were any evidence that I had received a police warning, I would step down as a Gold Member Representative." You are more honourable than some Cabinet Ministers. Anyway, I believe you would have to accept the police warning for it to count(?) And if you rejected the warning, they would eit...
- Wed Aug 12, 2026 12:11 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Mental Health
- Replies: 2
- Views: 808
Mental Health
Hi there, I have been affected by mental health issues during the Gold Members Elections and in the period leading up to them and before hand. I was wondering what people's views are on mental health and what the ECF and local leagues could do to support those who may be struggling. Does your club o...
- Mon Aug 10, 2026 11:34 am
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Election of Direct Members' Representatives
- Replies: 162
- Views: 19708
Re: Election of Direct Members' Representatives
I may be wrong but I believe Direct Members Representatives are subject to the ECF code of conduct and that this applies to all candidates the moment they put themselves forward for election. Therefore the route for redress may lie there. Having dealt with toxic people myself in the past I have lea...
- Mon Aug 10, 2026 11:25 am
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: 2026 British Chess Championships
- Replies: 522
- Views: 82693
Re: 2026 British Chess Championships
I genuinely think this is the new generation of chess, and we're starting to see the same kind of momentum that darts experienced with Luke Littler. Hopefully, we can secure some major sponsors. I noticed from the DG chat that a few people didn't stay for the prize-giving, which was a shame. I reall...