Search found 7 matches

by Malcolm Pein
Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:22 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: Emergency Board Meeting - Draft Minutes
Replies: 565
Views: 104542

Re: Emergency Board Meeting - Draft Minutes

That's what I thought, but one might not think so if one were to to read MP's post on this forum. True, there are many who seem to think that his views are the most important of all in English chess (some such people have posted here to that effect) so no doubt someone will invite him. If Andrew Pa...
by Malcolm Pein
Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:18 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: Emergency Board Meeting - Draft Minutes
Replies: 565
Views: 104542

Re: Emergency Board Meeting - Draft Minutes

If MP were interested in my advice, which I expect he isn't, I would suggest that he avoid wading deeper into this toxic mess. I said the same to FIDE some time ago, and they thought I was wrong. Of course, I still could be. I am always interested in your advice except on matters relating to GK whe...
by Malcolm Pein
Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:33 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: Emergency Board Meeting - Draft Minutes
Replies: 565
Views: 104542

Re: Emergency Board Meeting - Draft Minutes

REF Andrew Paulson wrote: Note: Malcolm Pein, Sean Hewitt and Alex Holowczak, among others, were eager to be put on Commissions under this initiative. Sean Hewitt wrote: I cannot speak for others, but in my case this is demonstrably false. It is also demonstrably false in my case. It's just more non...
by Malcolm Pein
Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:29 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Actuaries: Can We Count On You?
Replies: 0
Views: 701

Actuaries: Can We Count On You?

As you may know I have been running the charity, Chess in Schools and Communities (CSC), since 2009. We now teach our curriculum in 193 different schools across England and Wales. CSC is currently supported by a small number of donors. We are seeking further support so that we can ensure that our sc...
by Malcolm Pein
Sun May 16, 2010 12:37 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: The ECF President
Replies: 57
Views: 12323

Re: The ECF President

Hi Alan I feel, irrespective of my attributes for the job or any other, that 1 year is not enough for anyone to achieve all they would want to. Furthermore having a President with both a public profile as well a love of chess is the best possible combination. I'd be minded to let CJ carry on for as ...
by Malcolm Pein
Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:44 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: What am I doing?
Replies: 290
Views: 47159

Re: Dates of WCC 2012

I would appreciate it if any reference to the WCC2012 in London would emphasise that we will finish no less than 3 months before the start of the Olympic Games. The IOC would be less than pleased if we did anything else and getting to close to it would risk being submerged by it. As yet I have not s...
by Malcolm Pein
Mon May 19, 2008 10:29 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: John Robinson Trust
Replies: 70
Views: 11998

Re: John Robinson Trust

I note Ernie Lazenby's post and comments re the article in the Daily Telegraph. I also think litigation is unlikely as all articles are routinely processed by the Telegraph lawyers and a very cautious bunch they are too and rightly so. The next editorial of CHESS is a little more detailed but I hope...