Search found 8 matches

by Harriet Hunt
Tue Jun 03, 2025 11:58 am
Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
Topic: Tim Dickinson
Replies: 24
Views: 8354

Re: Tim Dickinson

I am very saddened to hear of Tim's passing. I first encountered Tim in an Oxford League match when he was playing for one of the University teams during his undergraduate studies. The game was adjourned and the resumption played at our family home in Oxford - Tim was always a tricky opponent and I ...
by Harriet Hunt
Sat Mar 01, 2025 9:06 am
Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
Topic: Adam Hunt memorial service livestream
Replies: 2
Views: 1721

Adam Hunt memorial service livestream

For anyone who would like to watch the service for Adam today, the link is here:

https://www.youtube.com/live/KpemJe2xVd4
by Harriet Hunt
Fri Jan 24, 2025 10:14 pm
Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
Topic: IM Adam Hunt 1980-2024
Replies: 37
Views: 16910

Re: IM Adam Hunt 1980-2024 *CELEBRATION SERVICE DETAILS ADDED*

On behalf of Adam's wife and the whole family, here are details of the celebration of Adam's life to be held on Saturday 1st March. All are welcome and please feel free to share onward. As mentioned below, if you are planning to attend it would be very helpful if you could let us know to help plan n...
by Harriet Hunt
Wed Dec 18, 2024 12:24 pm
Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
Topic: IM Adam Hunt 1980-2024
Replies: 37
Views: 16910

Re: IM Adam Hunt 1980-2024

Thank you all for your memories of Adam and condolences. They have all been shared and much appreciated by his whole family. I’d also like to thank those who have sent direct messages to me – apologies to those whom I have not yet got round to acknowledging personally. A number of people have asked ...
by Harriet Hunt
Tue Dec 03, 2024 11:02 pm
Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
Topic: IM Adam Hunt 1980-2024
Replies: 37
Views: 16910

IM Adam Hunt 1980-2024

With great sadness I have to share the news that my wonderful brother Adam died peacefully earlier today, after a 9 year battle with cancer. He was 44 years old. As a family we are all devastated by his loss, especially his wife and their young son. I will post a longer tribute to Adam’s playing ach...
by Harriet Hunt
Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:40 pm
Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
Topic: IM/WGM Joanna Dworakowska
Replies: 4
Views: 2476

Re: IM/WGM Joanna Dworakowska

Joanna was my exact contemporary and our intermittent rivalry spanned almost three decades (she had a significant plus score against me). Although we encountered one another in some pretty critical matches in international competition, she was one of the most gracious and friendly of opponents. At h...
by Harriet Hunt
Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:15 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: Resignation Rumours
Replies: 259
Views: 44162

Re: Resignation Rumours

The issue as I see it is what positive suggestions did those who opposed the compulsory membership scheme have to move forward chess in this country? It's very easy to criticise and oppose others' plans. Constructive alternatives are needed though. In reply to David Fryer and Ian Kingston, I disagre...
by Harriet Hunt
Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:17 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: Resignation Rumours
Replies: 259
Views: 44162

Re: Resignation Rumours

(Not a reply to Carl's recent post, but...) This is becoming a debate about the specifics of the game fee vs universal membership issue, but I think the recent resignations (which I agree with many of you are very bad news for English chess) are about more than that. Andrew listed a number of fundam...