David Sedgwick wrote: ↑Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:01 amDavid Sedgwick (fifteen years ago) wrote:Many happy returns to Leonard Barden, who is 80 years old today.David Sedgwick (ten years ago) wrote:Many happy returns to Leonard Barden, who is 85 years old today.Many happy returns to Leonard Barden, who is 95 years old today.David Sedgwick (five years ago) wrote:Many happy returns to Leonard Barden, who is 90 years old today.
Search found 5260 matches
- Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:17 am
- Forum: Birthdays & Anniversaries
- Topic: Happy Birthday, Leonard
- Replies: 40
- Views: 22804
Re: Happy Birthday, Leonard
- Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:29 pm
- Forum: County Championships
- Topic: 2024 National Stages
- Replies: 85
- Views: 40971
Re: 2024 National Stages
Congratulations to the Surrey Open Team and Commiserations to the Surrey U2050 Team.
I note that in the Final Surrey will be playing Northumberland. I hope that a central venue can be found which both Counties can reach.
I note that in the Final Surrey will be playing Northumberland. I hope that a central venue can be found which both Counties can reach.
- Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:12 pm
- Forum: Chess History
- Topic: Resources and Tips for Chess History Research
- Replies: 45
- Views: 11937
Re: Resources and Tips for Chess History Research
Dear All,
My post is not really to do with Chess History Research, but it seemed to belong here.
I have been struggling to use this Forum, but Nick Faulks has visited me this afternoon and is helping me.
If I should vanish again, please send me a PM if you wish to contact me.
David
My post is not really to do with Chess History Research, but it seemed to belong here.
I have been struggling to use this Forum, but Nick Faulks has visited me this afternoon and is helping me.
If I should vanish again, please send me a PM if you wish to contact me.
David
- Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:59 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: October 2023 ECF AGM
- Replies: 115
- Views: 43914
Re: October 2023 ECF AGM
Laugh Out LoudPaul Cooksey wrote: ↑Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:49 pmThe curse of Sedgwick may require a move from the planned meeting room. Those in Manchester hopeful of finding a new site.
- Wed May 31, 2023 7:54 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Norway Chess 2023
- Replies: 11
- Views: 1842
Re: Norway Chess 2023
I would just like to mention that Shohreh Bayat is the Chief Arbiter this year.
- Tue May 23, 2023 8:32 pm
- Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
- Topic: David Le Brun Jones (1923-2023)
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2439
Re: David Le Brun Jones (1923-2023)
As will I and all Varsity Match aficionados. RIP David
- Thu May 11, 2023 3:29 pm
- Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
- Topic: Sue Maroroa Jones
- Replies: 28
- Views: 11875
Re: Sue Maroroa Jones
There are times when I really don't know what to say, but I'll try.
Sue was a wonderful woman, devoted to Gawain and latterly to their family.
RIP
Sue was a wonderful woman, devoted to Gawain and latterly to their family.
RIP
- Mon May 01, 2023 8:39 pm
- Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
- Topic: Stevie Hilton
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1875
Re: Stevie Hilton
I am sorry to report that Stevie Hilton passed away on 16th April after a long illness. Stevie played in the Ayrshire League for Irvine and then joined Prestwick, helping them to win the Ayrshire League. He also played in the Glasgow League for Paisley. He was also a regular at weekend tournaments ...
- Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:18 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: David Sedgwick health update
- Replies: 48
- Views: 17951
Re: David Sedgwick health update
Thank you Paul.
- Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:02 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: David Sedgwick health update
- Replies: 48
- Views: 17951
Re: David Sedgwick health update
When I get paired with DRS44 on Chessdotcom I'll know you're well on the mend, David! All the very best for your contiuned recovery, and may the wait to play you again not be very long. Thank you Keith. It may not be for a little while, as I shall need to see the optician and get some new glasses f...
- Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:30 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: David Sedgwick health update
- Replies: 48
- Views: 17951
Re: David Sedgwick health update
Thanks again for all the good wishes both here and elsewhere. I am continuing to make steady progress, although it is frustratingly slow at times. I am not yet ready to return to playing chess and when I do it is likely to be online initially. On Wednesday 22nd March I signed a contract to remain pe...
- Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:54 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Congratulations to Kevin
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1848
Re: Congratulations to Kevin
This was posted on Wenesday 22nd March 2023 on the Home page of the English Federation for Correspondence Chess "The player Kevin J. Thurlow with ICCF ID 210507 has achieved enough norms to receive the title of ICCF Correspondence Chess Master. Congratulations." I would like to add my congratulatio...
- Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:47 pm
- Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
- Topic: Albert Vasse
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2874
Albert Vasse
Earlier this afternoon I was deeply saddened to learn of the recent death of Albert Vasse.
He was the Co-founder of DGT and a distinguished International Arbiter with whom I had the pleasure of working at the London Chess Classic for nine years.
Rest in peace, my friend.
He was the Co-founder of DGT and a distinguished International Arbiter with whom I had the pleasure of working at the London Chess Classic for nine years.
Rest in peace, my friend.
- Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:21 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: David Sedgwick health update
- Replies: 48
- Views: 17951
Re: David Sedgwick health update
Thank you again to everyone for all the good wishes. I am cotinuing to make a slow but steady recovery. Since Tuesday 21st February I have been living at a Sheltered Housing facility in The Croydon area. This is for an initial trial period of four weeks. I don't want to post any further details for ...
- Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:58 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: David Sedgwick health update
- Replies: 48
- Views: 17951
Re: David Sedgwick health update
I never expected to see a thread on this forum displaying such complete unanimity as this one has done. Still less did I imagine that I would be the subject of any such thread. I am extremely grateful for all the good wishes which I have received, both on this Forum and elsewhere. I am making slow p...