Hi all
Much as I would have loved to continue with the team, I can no longer afford to sponsor P&P. A last hurrah would have been nice, but with no money, I have no players
both brian smith and i spent most of the afternoon chewing fingernails (wghk vs P&P). Please take a look at Mark's game vs Alex B, a fabulous testament to staying power, determination and pure grit. a game going right down to the wire, just short of 7 hours of pure awesome chess. http://www.bcfservi...
A lady that I swim with happened to be there on saturday with her son and knew that I was involved with chess, so approached me today. She said what a great event it was and that her son's school were thrilled with their new sets.
I ran a national Exchange and Kamikaze (suicide) tournament last year and intend to do the same again this year. I'll let you know when. Children absolutely love both and actually they can be really good for beginners' chess. Playing a more experienced player against a junior in kamikaze means the n...
Hello all chessuk.com is my site. I registered it years ago and used it to promote Women and Girls' chess for the ECF when I was the Manager of Women's Chess. I paid for the site, so I retained control of it when I resigned, although I said I would of course still help out Meri Lyell by putting the ...
Thank you Martin (and also James P for your previous comment). I enjoyed working with the people who wanted the best for English chess and who worked hard to achieve change within the ecf - Martin, Peter and Mike. But no, I would absolutely not want to return. I've done my time! Tried my hardest and...
Dear John
You can, of course, talk to me about this or any other 4ncl related matter. Please feel free to email me directly with any questions or queries.
Division 3 reports, including photos and games, just as for the other divisions are being done as I speak.